Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Liquid Force service

REHinH20

Interesting...

Not that I was unhappy with service, but I called and let them know that my 2 year old comp vest was splitting at the seams and the stiching was unraveling. Scott got back to me and said

"The vest doesn’t look defective, it just looks like it’s been used a good amount. It seems to be normal wear & tear (on/off, sun, stretch, etc.). Most, if not all of my LF vest have torn at the same seam over time, not because of defect, but because I usually fall the same way every time I ride. Being purchased in 2011 also puts us close to, if not more than 1 year out of the warranty period. We won’t be able to replace this. I hope you understand."

I can't fault them for adhering to their 1 year warranty, but I wouldn't say they have great service, just standard. I also disagree that it wasn't a defect when the stitching unravels. For the record, I skied about once a week from June-September last year and about 3 times a week this season. Very little has been boarding; mostly skiing. The vest has looked like this since about mid June this year (so a total of about 30-40 uses since new).

I liked the vest until it fell apart. I haven't decided if I'm going to go with another LF vest or a different brand. Anyone know if other brands have longer Warranties? Just thought I would add some info for those looking to purchase.

Edit: Also, the vest is not small on me. My gut didn't bust the seam:)

IMG_20130828_111444_zps84b9a568.jpg

Seams

IMG_20130828_111504_zpsd6cd6df5.jpg

Stitching

Edited by Jimmypooh

As you said, can't fault them as it is out of warranty, nothing lasts forever. Especially with the wear and tear the elements put on our toys. Tim is a great guy and always goes out of his way to help if possible. I'm and LF fan for sure, all their equipment has stood the test of time for me. Even my first trip 143 is holding strong after 10 years.

I contacted Tim at Liquid force asking about binding hardware - he's sending it out to me at no cost! Sure makes me happy to have purchased their product!

I agree. Tim is a great customer service and sales rep. LF have always been good about keeping spare parts and pieces in stock to help customers stay on the water longer.

Interesting...

Not that I was unhappy with service, but I called and let them know that my 2 year old comp vest was splitting at the seams and the stitching was unraveling.

That is a hard one since the vest was a couple years old and clearly past the warranty window. Just another reminder to everyone. Check your gear after the season winds down to make sure there are no defects that might decrease the usable life of the product. I just noticed that my Ronix One boots are starting to split out on the side. I had to make myself a note to take them back and see if it ends up being covered once the season is over. With the amount of wear and tear we put on our toys during a season the 1 year warranty is more than enough time to find a manufacturing defect.

I contacted Tim at Liquid force asking about binding hardware - he's sending it out to me at no cost! Sure makes me happy to have purchased their product!

Same thing from Tim 2 weeks ago ... very happy with their service.