Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Super good deal headsup

TheKiwi

Hours don't really scare me to be honest as long as they're not excessive. Average hours for recreational users are 50hrs per season. 07 with 70hrs kinda makes me wonder.

Edited by demo9asx
  • Like 2

Not only is it not a great deal, it looks like a Pop Yachts listing, meaning it can be bought for several thousand less if you can find a listing by the actual seller. Looks like a fairly low optioned boat - from just what you can see from the pictures: no bow ballast, manual wedge, LCR motor, fixed bow light, no docking lights, no tower speakers, no heater, no shower, no STE, no tower lights.

Edited by Nitrousbird

Why? Seems overprice for a VTX. Shop around, you can get same year VLX or LSV for around the same price

This deal aside, the VTX is in higher demand than both those boats and they probably have the least depreciation of the entire lineup. Factors being they were brand new in '07 and aside from the nautique 200 they haven't had any competition since the last 2 years. So if that's what you want (and a LOT of people/families do) than its your best if not your only option.

I have a reasonably big crew that I ride with most summers, I have a hard time imagining us in a 20ft boat when we currently use a 23ft. My old vlx was perfect, but could have been bigger.

That said, I've never been in a VTX.

I found a 2012 VTX awhile ago with 23 hours orange and black for $50k. Almost all options except tandem trailer. Don't know what happened to it. Probably sold quick.

Bought my 07 as an 08 runout. Paid 42 NEW with a 340, wedge, stereo and other nice bits. It's the outrageous price of new models which is driving up prices of these older models. If you can get into something newer for even 15 K more you will do better in another 6 years.

Bought my 07 as an 08 runout. Paid 42 NEW with a 340, wedge, stereo and other nice bits. It's the outrageous price of new models which is driving up prices of these older models. If you can get into something newer for even 15 K more you will do better in another 6 years.

You also bought in a rare time when the housing market was crashing and the economy was in the toilet; all boats were selling for dirt cheap then. You got in at the right time and I tell my wife that I wish we were in the market around that time for a boat.