Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help.. What is this left over 2013 VLX worth?

kscales

Guys, your the pro's when it comes to this type of stuff.

We took this boat out on a demo yesterday, really loved it... Left over 2013 pretty much loaded.. Dealer has 2014's on the floor. Is the big motor really worth 11K more? as it sits, he quotes a 106K retail. will do in the mid 90's out the the door.

What do you all think? is that a fair price for the boat?

comments & opinions please

Thanks in advance

http://www.performancewatersports.com/boatDetail.aspx?bID=389

Seems like boats are still more expensive in Canada

That's what gets me.. We really should only have to pay the shipping/import fees over and above what our American friends pay.. In this case about $3500.. The price of the boat was factored in @ 1.04 exchange rate as well... so roughly 3K extra in exchange rates.

Other then being expensive, is it fair? and is the motor worth it? would you all pay this price for this boat?

That boat is loaded, but mid-90s seems high. I would think that somewhere in the 75-80 range is where it should be. I haven't priced out a VLX, but a VTX goes for 65-70k, so add $10k and thats where I think you should be for a VLX.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Canadian boat prices are seriously inflated. The upside is buying from the dealer here you (should) get good service, etc etc. Buy stateside and import it and of course you go to the bottom of the list when you need something done.

That's what gets me.. We really should only have to pay the shipping/import fees over and above what our American friends pay.. In this case about $3500.. The price of the boat was factored in @ 1.04 exchange rate as well... so roughly 3K extra in exchange rates.

Other then being expensive, is it fair? and is the motor worth it? would you all pay this price for this boat?

This is so true on a lot of things north of the border but to quote a once famous hockey player from these parts..."It is what it is!"

If only that would fit in my garage... mine would suddenly be up for sale. Nice looking boat.

Noticed two strips of sparkle. There's $2K added.

I'm guessing the 90's that OP is mentioning is Canadian as Craig will have already factored in the exchange rate.

The other thing that gets Canadian boats up in price is the shipping and brokerage. What should only take a thousand or so to ship doubles+ to get here.

Mid 90's out the door seems like a fair price. Since our sales tax is 12%, the price before tax is mid 80's. That boat is loaded. I remember inquiring about that boat back in May and they quoted me mid 90's over the phone. A bit too much over my budget :lol:

Mid 90's out the door seems like a fair price. Since our sales tax is 12%, the price before tax is mid 80's. That boat is loaded. I remember inquiring about that boat back in May and they quoted me mid 90's over the phone. A bit too much over my budget :lol:

In that case mid 90's out the door sounds ok, because I would have though mid 80's is about what that boat would go for before tax, title, etc. So $85k for the boat is ok, but not a steal by any means. Since it's a leftover '13, and they will have to sit on it all winter if it doesn't sell, I would expect them to move on the price a little bit more.

I wish it was for me, It will be my inlaws signing the cheque on this one if they go ahead.. Mother in Law loves the sparkle and Father in law loves the motor.. Craig & Adam have been great to work with.. My part in this, is to make sure they get a fair deal and the boat they ( our whole family) will be happy with for years to come.

Myself I was thinking mid 80's for this time of year and the fact it is a 13..

I have sold my RZ2 as well and will be looking at the 2014 LSV for myself and family but that will be another thread:)

I really want to thank everyone for comments so far.. It somehow justify's these crazy prices..LOL

The other thing that gets Canadian boats up in price is the shipping and brokerage. What should only take a thousand or so to ship doubles+ to get here.

I would imagine brokerage is probably up there as the Canadian government likes to stick it to the residents. I know I have bought stuff and it was shipped across. My deal ended up costing me double the price.

As for shipping, its alot more then people think. Yes maybe a $1/mile on uship. But when you start shipping by semi, it's going to add up. Loudon, TN to Abbotsford, BC is 2,734 miles. My dad is a trucker and figures it costs him $2/mile including drivers wage. So with that said I would not doubt it costs $3,000 per boat to ship it. Hauling boats is a specialized so they could be driving back empty which pays zero. Plus the company has to make a profit as well.

Edited by rammer998

It's all good.. The deal looks to be going through if the #'s work out.. If the weather holds they will have it on the lake by tomorrow or Sunday.

@ Rammer, you will forsure see this BU @ Skaha.. One of their favorite vacation lakes.. Our whole family loves Penticton.

Nice, Skaha is my favourite. Hopefully you can get there & enjoy this last push off summer weather. I can't believe how warm it's been this week

• 2 weeks later...