Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pics of your Wakesurfer Collection

Afun

MCObray...you think I should get that Danielo Diamond. My boat dealer just got some in. I think I prefer the surf style more. Still kind of on the fence with that. Looking forward to getting smaller boards too.

MCObray...you think I should get that Danielo Diamond. My boat dealer just got some in. I think I prefer the surf style more. Still kind of on the fence with that. Looking forward to getting smaller boards too.

I heard the Diamonds are a great board. I've been pleased with the Phase 5 products and have never heard of a negative experience with the Pro Carbon/Diamond boards. I'm contemplating putting my board up for sale, in favor of the 48" Victoria PCX, but that's just cause I want shorter board.

It's cool to have a lot of boards, but its cooler to learn how to ride just one really good.

Nice collection though. What's the big white one on the end?

It looks like a Byerly Hazard.

IMG_0499.jpg

Just sold the XXX Nitro only because it didn't fit in my Samson surf rack. But the new Tsunami 57" is on the way. The top rack I am thinking of adding a Phase 5 maybe the Danielo, Danielo Diamond or the Icon.

That's Byerly Hazard 5'4. Talk about easy to stay in the sweet spot with that board. It's got a surfy feel to it. I like it. Wish I would have gone with the 4'8. I enjoy the different feel every board has. Consider it a process of discovery. The Ronix Thruster & Colt are awesome! Really looking forward to a custom like a Soulcraft or Walker Project.

Left to right: Inland Surfer Blue Lake, Liquid Force Doum 54", Victoria Factor PCX 50"

The PCX has become the favorite boat board so far. Next is either a Danielo or a true surf style board that fits me really good.

post-16917-0-10102500-1378955605_thumb.j

• Like 2

IMG_0499.jpg

Just sold the XXX Nitro only because it didn't fit in my Samson surf rack. But the new Tsunami 57" is on the way. The top rack I am thinking of adding a Phase 5 maybe the Danielo, Danielo Diamond or the Icon.

what are the brackets you have mounted on the wall to store your boards on? Are those just shelving braces or something?

No they are surf board racks. You can just google (Surfboard wall rack) and click on shopping. They are in my man cave. I got it from a company called http://www.californiakiteboarding.com for some reason I can't get the web page to open. # for them 805-295-6306

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&sa=N&tab=lw#hl=en&q=surfboard+wall+rack&start=30&tbm=shop&tbs=vw:l

Edited by Bradley Thornton

If I don't like it, I sell it ASAP. So I have had a lot of boards and just can't get a pic of them all.

I am working on building a Soulcraft. I hear I might just sell every board that I own after riding one of those.

They are definetly sweet. I rode ruff's and was very impressed . 2nd on my short list, but they's cost real money.

I have my son for sale on CL, if he sells I'm getting one.

• Like 2

They are definetly sweet. I rode ruff's and was very impressed . 2nd on my short list, but they's cost real money.

I have my son for sale on CL, if he sells I'm getting one.

I just ordered it and will get build pics as I go. I went with a 4'8 Jetty Swallow Tail. Different from Ruffs fang tail. I got good money for my boy, lol. It will be 2 to 3 weeks build time. I wish to ride it just once before the season is over. I return from a European vacation in a couple of weeks. I should have some pics by then.

I love mine. It really is the best board I've been on. The slasher was a tad bit faster down the line but it was definitely one dimensional. The fangtail seems better in a lot of ways and honestly the slight decrease in speed doesn't even seem noticeable. Also keep in mind I'm comparing a 4'10 to a 5'.

Ill add that the soulcraft is plenty durable. Definitely more so than the slasher. So pricey? Sure but I'm willing to say at this point it's going to last awhile.

Edited by Ruffdog

I like your board ruff. There are so many out there I wanna try now. But none of them are easy to get your hands on. I really want something surf/skim hybridish along with a new full blown surf stick.

That is the biggest downfall of the older XXX stuff. It is soo fragile.

• Like 1

I don't understand how these guys think someone will drop 700-1000 bucks on aboard with out trying it first? Who does that?

If I'm gonna spend that kind of cheddar I will have the boys at day 1 build me a custom board. I will call it the Light Stick.