Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Justice, finally!

msuwaterski

Guy's like that make it difficult to enjoy the lake. I am glad he got a ticket, I wish he would have got what he deserved. For someone to open a 55 gal drum of woop azz on him. :rant:

Sometimes I wish there was a way to fire piano wire into the water in front of these guys like the police do with their spike strips. That'd end their day pretty quick getting that sucked into the pump.

I would have been reluctant to call 911 jumping my wake..., but glad to see the desired end state was achieved.

Had probably to worst incident ever last Friday eve.... 4 boats total on the lake, guy with a Rented Bayliner boatload of folks drinking stereo blasting passes at 30+mph within 15ft of my fallen surfer. Only the driver saw him after he passed as I was up on the bow hands up shirt off full Sperry fighting ready.

We had some words, I'll leave it at that.

• Like 2

I would have been reluctant to call 911 jumping my wake..., but glad to see the desired end state was achieved.

Had probably to worst incident ever last Friday eve.... 4 boats total on the lake, guy with a Rented Bayliner boatload of folks drinking stereo blasting passes at 30+mph within 15ft of my fallen surfer. Only the driver saw him after he passed as I was up on the bow hands up shirt off full Sperry fighting ready.

We had some words, I'll leave it at that.

Edited by happypappy

Good to see the TMC tradition is being maintained. akin to flashing your gang colors!! ha ha

These days you have to be ever vigilent when out on the water. There are too many yahoos and chuckleheads, those who can't and won't obey the laws and an overall screw you attitude, I will do what I want when I want and the hell with everybody else.

Two years ago, we are adrifting down the river, middle of summer, so lots of boats doing the same....a boat full of yahoos are headed upstream and they bump into the back deck. The know it, but immediately look the other so as to not go face to face And they don't stop, to say sorry or kiss my arse....just keep going like nothing happened... too bad I did not know about the shirt off and sperrys or they would have been hell to pay. As I am checking the deck out, I can see a scuff mark with some paint on the SS rub rail...the same color as their boat. Sometimes ya just gotta shake your head and thank the lord above that you are not like them. And then go back to enjoying the fruits of your labors, your company you are with on the boat and the weather. ANd prey the don't have kids!!

Edited by happypappy

Hate it when those things happen but glad to see the authorities reacted properly. And unfortunately or fortunately some people need to see and have these things happen to them to ever learn.

What lake in michigan if you don't mind me asking?

What lake in michigan if you don't mind me asking?

Ford Lake in Ypsilanti

I've never called the police from my boat before, but this guy was so reckless that it was only a matter of time before he seriously hurt or killed someone. He came within feet of a downed tuber at WOT, that's when I called the police.

• Like 2

the lake lice love a good wake. i see it all the time on a busy afternoon. I've had them run circles around me while someone was surfing so they could get a good angle on the wake.. I want to get my own jetski so i can have someone run interference for me on busy days...

You would probably get a ticket here for calling 911 on a jet skier unless he actually ran someone over. They are very particular about calling that number, do you not have 311 for something like that?

Anyway, glad the officer was able to find the guy and talk to him, i bet he had no idea he was doing anything wrong or dangerous.

Guy's like that make it difficult to enjoy the lake. I am glad he got a ticket, I wish he would have got what he deserved. For someone to open a 55 gal drum of woop azz on him. :rant:

+1

The lake lice are almost always a problem cause they want a wake to jump, they are younger operators with typically no sense of what the rules of the water are, and if they rent, then are are oblivious to the rules, laws and how the damn thing stops. They have the giddee up part down, but the stopping, well...who needs to stop when you have a huge lake in front of you!!

If only there were a bounty on them!!

While we're on the sea-doo/jet skis topic, how do you guys feel when you're boarding/surfing and suddenly you become a magnet because of your wake? I'm all for people having fun and for the most part they jump the wake way behind the riders but still within 50ft of the rider.

Giving them the dirty look does not seem to do anything.

^^^ absolutely.

When I put in at the ramp and idle out thru the lake houses on the weekends.... They see my boat and come out JUST to jump my wakes.

Happens a lot... But for the most part they stay a safe distance away. Haven't had any severe issues with PWCs.

I cant tell you how many times I have had to put my boat between a skier/wakeboarder/tuber that fell and some a-hole not paying attention. And these are people that were not originally from me!

I have to slide in between the person in the water and the idiot flying through and start waving my arms in the air to get their attention... and then they look ae ME like that I am the a-hole.

I hate people sometimes. And you know what? I would rather them hit my boat than kill some poor person who fell in the water

While we're on the sea-doo/jet skis topic, how do you guys feel when you're boarding/surfing and suddenly you become a magnet because of your wake? I'm all for people having fun and for the most part they jump the wake way behind the riders but still within 50ft of the rider.

Giving them the dirty look does not seem to do anything.

If I am not towing anyone, I will give them all the wake I can provide! I get a kick out of them jumping my wake.

If I have someone behind me it pisses me off to no extent. I tow my son regularly and I will be damned if I let some crazy out there put him in danger.

There was an incident here locally back in the 90's where a jet skier was tormenting a bass fisherman in a cove. He ran her over with his bass boat and injured her seriously, but she did survive. He left the lake before anyone could stop him. His nephew who was with him finally came forward. He wound up getting off because if he would have been put in jail his insurance company would not have paid the claim which I didn't quite understand.