Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another Gas Gauge Issue...

ebelizard

Searched on here quite a bit, and just wanted to get your opinions. Bought the boat and the gas gauge wasn't working. Filled it up this past weekend and took it to the lake.

At first, the gauge needle started to flicker, and then finally dropped to E.

Is it a ground? Or is it possible the level sender in the tank isn't reading correctly?

Is this a challenging fix for a DIY?

Sorry for being a noob.

I didn't have a problem with the gauge reading at all, if the tank was full it showed full, but by the time I got to a half tank it was on E, this led me to believe a bad sender. so I skipped chasing grounds and isolating weird/different problems and bought a new sender to replace it with. I did it last weekend and it was easy and took no more than an hour.

the new sender is night and day. so far it's been perfect (knock on wood) but it said we had a half tank and I tested it at the gas station and it was spot on.

I bought this with free shipping http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Y8A0MQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it worked great. and there's an article on how to do it in the how-to articles here on TMC.