Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Super happy with a couple weekend upgrades

exlonghorn

While I don't have longevity info, here are three upgrades that...out of the box...have been welcome additions to my trailer...

Stoltz Ultimate Bow Stop Roller. Hard, non-marring polyurethane material. Looks tough as nails, and slick to the touch. My VLX was crushing a new bow stop roller made by Tie Down Engineering made from PVC - total garbage. These Stoltz rollers are a much better option. BoatBuckle G2 Retractable Transom Tie-Downs. Took only about 10 minutes to install, and these things work fantastic. Nice bit of engineering and seems to be well-made. We will see how they do with fresh water corrosion and mineral deposits. Caliber Marine Slides Trailer Bunk Pads. I was having trouble with an undersized Fulton winch getting the bow eye all the way to the bow stop roller. These slides fixed the friction problem immediately. Very fast installation (again, less than 15 minutes) and an immediate, noticeable difference. I only put them on the set of bunks nearest to the trailer tongue, and that was enough.

I'm intertested in your BoatBuckle installation. Did you install only transom or bow as well. I'd love to see photos of where & how you installed on trailer. Thanks in advance.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19070605@N08/9714546914/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19070605@N08/9714545966/in/photostream/

I only installed on the Transom for now. The trailer has hook points that nicely fit the plated bolts provided with the BoatBuckle package. If these hold up and continue to work, then I'll get one for the bow as well (but I think I'll need to attach a bracket or drill a hole in the trailer frame).

Which Stoltz roller did you go with, part number?

Stoltz Ultimate 336 Bow Stop, fits 3"W bracket

Gander Mountain part number 713751 if you're interested in buying it there.

in order to get any available discounts be sure to check the website www.retailmenot.com

I ended up getting $10 off my order plus free shipping.

Edited by exlonghorn

The trailer bunk pads looks like a great solution for easier load/unload and to somewhat help protect the trailer carpet at the ends of the bunks. Interested to hear how they hold up over time.

Any issue with the bunk pads scratching or marking the hull? We too have a black bottom boat and if you are not careful the carpet on the bunks will mark the boat providing hours of polishing fun.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19070605@N08/9714546914/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19070605@N08/9714545966/in/photostream/

I only installed on the Transom for now. The trailer has hook points that nicely fit the plated bolts provided with the BoatBuckle package. If these hold up and continue to work, then I'll get one for the bow as well (but I think I'll need to attach a bracket or drill a hole in the trailer frame).

So you didn't have to drill the frame to install these? I need to do this!!

So you didn't have to drill the frame to install these? I need to do this!!

In my case no drilling was necessary because the trailer frame already had a bracket with the correct hole size (see the photos). It really is a slick piece of equipment. It took longer to get the tie downs out of the packaging than it took to install them.