Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boatmate Trailer Owners

DUKENO1

Just wondering if any of you Boatmate trailer owners have added a spare tire/rim? My trailer did not come with one and since I trailer my boat everywhere, I need to pick one up. I have the Goodyear marathon tire with the chrome modular wheel. I am not sure who makes the rim. Anyone know where these rims can be purchased reasonably? I am going to price a tire and rim from Boatmate tomorrow but I am expecting them to be pricey. Also, what type of spare tire carriers are you using? I picked up one from West Marine yesterday but it will not fit due to the trailer channel being to tall. Don't want to really drill into the trailer if I can avoid it.

Thanks

Just wondering if any of you Boatmate trailer owners have added a spare tire/rim? My trailer did not come with one and since I trailer my boat everywhere, I need to pick one up. I have the Goodyear marathon tire with the chrome modular wheel. I am not sure who makes the rim. Anyone know where these rims can be purchased reasonably? I am going to price a tire and rim from Boatmate tomorrow but I am expecting them to be pricey. Also, what type of spare tire carriers are you using? I picked up one from West Marine yesterday but it will not fit due to the trailer channel being to tall. Don't want to really drill into the trailer if I can avoid it.

Thanks

If your rims are the same ones I have, it's a pretty standard rim you can probably find at a lot of places. I'm sure Overton's carries it, although I don't know they are the best price you will find - it's a comparison point though.

I've got a welded on spare tire holder direct from Boatmate, but I don't bother with it because I only trailer twice a year - about 2 miles each way to dump her in the lake for the summer and pull her back out.

I got mine at the local BOAT US store, and I am pretty sure that West Marine, Bass Pro or Boatersworld would all have them and I think all of these companies have stores out east, at least they are all here in Annapolis.

Thanks

Boatmate has a bolt on 6 lug tire carrier for around $45, and I've seen tire and wheel setups from Northerntool.com for less the $150.

I'd advise getting the bolt on carrier from Boatmate and just compare their rim/tire price with that of any local trailer place. I did that for my boat and it looks very good. My trailer is from a different manufacturer, but I went back to the manufacturer because I wanted the carrier to match the paint on the rest of the trailer.

If you are looking for a spare, I have one. I kept them when I replaced the ones on my trailer. They will fit your trailer perfectly.

PM me and we'll discuss.

I bought a spare wheel and tire direct from Boatmate. If I recall correctly, it was around $200. This included the rim, Marathon tire, and a bolt on mount that was painted to match my trailer as well as shipping to Florida. If you give them your trailer serial number, they will match your wheels/tires/paint.

The bolt on mount is very high quality, and I was pleased with the purchase. If you call them, ask for Owen, he'll take good care of you...

If you call them, ask for Owen, he'll take good care of you...

Owen is extremely helpful. It's that good old East Tennessee hospitality.

Thanks to all for your advice! I spoke with Stacey (sp?) today and ordered a tire/wheel and mount color-matched to my trailer for $195 plus shipping to NC.....Not too shabby from some of the other prices I have been seeing at the different boating stores. Headhunter thanks for the offer but I have already placed my order! I sent you a pm thanking you as well.

Now that I will have a spare that should guarantee that I will never have a flat or blowout! Or, if I do, it will be two tires at once! That's the way my luck seems to run! Cry.gif

After re-reading this thread, I noticed Owen from Boatmate is on the board!! That's good news to me! But of course, I feel a little silly after posting and mentioning for you to ask for him by name after he had already posted :blush:

I'm glad you got your spare situation taken care of...

You can purcahse a bolt-on spare mount painted to match your trailer from us for $45+ S&H. The tire and wheel depends upon model and size. Call and ask for Stacy Buchanan or e-mail [email protected] for quotes or to place order.
I purchased a color-matched bolt-on carrier through Stacy last fall. Great guy to deal with, and the carrier looks great.

Pisces

Can you get the one the spare tire that goes under the trailer, I want one that is out of the way and unnoticable.

Edited by mali_vride
Can you get the one the spare tire that goes under the trailer, I want one that is out of the way and unnoticable.

To my knowledge Boatmate only offers a side mount. Just an opinion but the undertray carrier seems to collect road grime and make it look even worse.

Peter