Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Broken Wedge

Ok I did do a search & all but 1 talked about a manual wedge. I have an 04 vlx & today pulling a rider notice the wake change dramatically. stopped checked the engine then went under the boat that is when I realizes my wedge ripped out of the screws & bend 90 degrees. My question is where to get a replacement wedge?? went on Bakes Marine and nothing going to check tomorrow with local dealer any help would be great. Husband is a little pissed but have had the boat for 9 years this & a prop is not bad :-) Oh wait new skins too!!

If your screws broke and the other arm bent it may be repairable.

Remove all screws and parts of screws. (this is easier said than done)

Straiten bent arm

Replace all screws withnew.

Check yearly to make sure all screws are secure. They may work loose which cuases unequal loading and failure. Some go so far as to replace the screws every year or two just to make sure they dont break.

Yup, drive over the bent arm with your truck. You may need to put some small blocks on either end to slightly overbend it the other way so that it will spring back to straight.

Thanks everyone for the reply's, fixing is not an option since I snapped it trying to bend it back at the lake like a dumpy. So here are my options,, buy a used one off a 06 but a salt water boat for $400 ( my boat has never touched salt water) or buy a new one for $649? I would like to possibly upgrade to a floating wedge but husband said the price of my miss hap the other day keeps adding up :-0