Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perhaps the best Surf Gate video I've ever seen...

IXFE

If you want to argue, take it to PM's. If you want to talk about the shredder in post #1 feel free, but if the arguing continues in this thread it will be locked. I and most of the community are beyond sick of it. We as moderators have to read all the content on the board and I can't tell you how sick I am of reading thread after thread of bickering only to read a little bit of on topic content.

I truly enjoy the debate. So many here are full of vigor or some other stuff, lol. Surfgate is so new to us, it has triggered many emotions. I for one have learned many things and at the same time gotten a few laughs. I am not a moderator, and could see it from your point of view.

I also think a good debate is great, but it has just been non-stop lately and at some point enough is enough. When someone starts a topic with a great vid of a kid shedding like that and in no time flat it turns into pages of bickering, it's too much. If you want to debate surfgate that's a different thread and I'm cool with that. My point is, I want to bring it to everyone's attention that we need stay on topic and stop making every thread on the board that mentions a gate a debate about it.

Back on topic....how old do you think that kid was when he started surfing? It had to be crazy young! That board is like an extension of his body. :lol:

I'm with ryangb....looks like he's got some riding style from the ocean.

Just for refference Martin. Go back and look who brought the debate to the thread. The OP. Nobody even stated the "S" word except him.

As Wakegirl has stated several times. This community is somewhat self regulated . This is exactly what happened. In fact the bickering was dead a few days ago and the thread had moved on for the the most part untill you felt the need to fire one off.

I am not gonna argue the fact that all the bickering is retarded. Surfgate or not, that dude is indeed legit. If he can stay skinny he is gonna be a major player in wakesurfing.

• Like 2

I don't care who started it, I just have gotten sick of reading so much bickering about it lately. I just felt it was time to make a point about it , that's all. I just want you guys aware of it so we can not let it get out of hand. I agree, this board is usually very good about regulating itself, I just feel when something like that pushes a thread off topic in a hurry, it dominates a thread and others who might have chimes in on the original topic (this is a thread about a little shredder) might move on which is a bummer.

So are you saying chubby guys can't surf? :whistle: I've seen some big guys throw down. :thumbup:

Back on topic....how old do you think that kid was when he started surfing? It had to be crazy young! That board is like an extension of his body. :lol:

I'm with ryangb....looks like he's got some riding style from the ocean.

Looks like he has been at it full time

Just for refference Martin. Go back and look who brought the debate to the thread. The OP. Nobody even stated the "S" word except him.

As Wakegirl has stated several times. This community is somewhat self regulated . This is exactly what happened. In fact the bickering was dead a few days ago and the thread had moved on for the the most part untill you felt the need to fire one off.

I am not gonna argue the fact that all the bickering is retarded. Surfgate or not, that dude is indeed legit. If he can stay skinny he is gonna be a major player in wakesurfing.

I have stated that & I mean it, but there are times when that isn't enough & we need to step in to get things under control. I saw very little self-regulation here, but a whole-lotta senseless bickering. Let's get the thread back to where it should have been to start with, about a kid that can seriously ride. Forget the surfgate stuff in this thread, but if you just can't then take it to one of the numerous other threads that are specific to that topic.

OP, would you mind if we changed the title of the thread?

Lol, not all! Big dudes shred too! But you can't deny that being a flyweight definetly has its advantages when it comes to wake surfing.

I love the fact his name is FORD too.

I did try and advise IXFE on how to make the thread less contraversal .

Why is titling a thread "perhaps the best surf gate video I've ever seen" controversial? Why is the OP being castigated here? He didn't say surf gate is better than listing or listing sucks. In fact, the title could imply that he'd seen better videos with listed waves, otherwise why qualify it by saying surf gate video? Admittedly he did comment on the wave in his post by saying it wasn't too shabby, but he did it without slagging others or indicating it was better than other waves. Seems to me he did nothing wrong and is being chastised for the responses of a few others who saw nefarious motives in his post - shouldn't these be the posters that take the heat?

I kinda enjoyed the bickering but that's just me. It's entertaining to say the least. Mod, you kinda have to admit that IXFE was fishing in the initial post.

• Like 2

Absolutely he was fishing, which was why I berated him for it. But I'm berating the rest of you as well for continuing it. Honestly people, you act like just because one person is acting in a certain way that it somehow excuses the rest of you for doing the same. That's ridiculous, & hardly the kind of self-policing that we want to see.

This is my last attempt at this: get the thread back on topic, NOW, or it gets locked. I'm done trying to explain this to you people.

• Like 2

I kinda enjoyed the bickering but that's just me. It's entertaining to say the least. Mod, you kinda have to admit that IXFE was fishing in the initial post.

"The kid must stay skinny to continue to shred. That is a fact Jack. The bigger you get the slower you will go on a wave. For the big guys that want to go fast, The Walker Project Bomb Pop or Bazooka. Once you find that board, things will change!

Com'on man...like on ESPN. IXFE did not go fishing.

Whats up with the no life jacket in the second video? Is that how you know when you're a "pro" wake surfer because you're so "bad@**" that you don't need a "lame" life jacket?

I have no respect for people that promote carelessness. If he is indeed a "pro" then in my opinion if you're going to be an icon, IMO you should accept the responsibility that comes with it which is promoting safety in the sport.

What a tool.

Whats up with the no life jacket in the second video? Is that how you know when you're a "pro" wake surfer because you're so "bad@**" that you don't need a "lame" life jacket?

I have no respect for people that promote carelessness. If he is indeed a "pro" then in my opinion if you're going to be an icon, IMO you should accept the responsibility that comes with it which is promoting safety in the sport.

What a tool.

I almost always wear my life jacket, but have ridden once or twice without it. It feels good...like peeing outside with a breeze at your back...a freeing feeling, but I couldn't fully enjoy myself knowing in the back of my mind that if something happened I wasn't wearing my pfd. So I always wear mine, but I get why people don't. Its his life and its not that big of a deal if he doesn't wear one while going 10 mph 10' behind the boat? Granted all it takes is one fluke accident or mistake, but sadly that can be applied to almost anyhting in life. Another way of looking at it is like this...

1. Oceans are more dangerous then lakes

2. Ocean waves can be much bigger then boat waves

3. Few ocean surfers wear life jackets and no one makes a big deal of it

Edited by jetskipro550
  • Like 3

If some adult doesn't want to wear a life jacket or seat belt that's one thing, but I would never tow or surf a kid without one.

I agree. Adults are one thing but kids are another. I still think its crazy that in Michigan you don't have to wear a life jacket while doing water sports. Which is why it is legal to wear non coast gaurd approved life jackets for water sports. I have never got on my slalom ski without a jacket on. That would be insane. I have surfed without my jacket on but I am an adult and I'm not putting anyone else in danger by not wearing one.

That kid is crazy good though. As I sit here in Hawaii and watch the locals kill ocean waves I would agree that the kid has been in the ocean and from the videos his parents must be loaded. Must be nice! :)

Anyone ever think maybe his parents were not there when the video was shot? How many of us did everything our parents told us we had to do?

I personally were my PDF, but its not for me to judge others that decide not to. I have done it without, but its a rare occasion.

Anyone ever think maybe his parents were not there when the video was shot? How many of us did everything our parents told us we had to do?

Very true. I was not saying his parents were bad or anything like that. I know I did many things against my parents word. I was simply stating my opinion that I think it's crazy, in Michigan, that by law you don't have to wear a life jacket.

To each their own though!