Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perhaps the best Surf Gate video I've ever seen...

IXFE

I really wasn't trying to make this about Surf Gate, but the last two posts have me scratching my head. Just so I understand your position...

Surf Gate is for weekend warriors and beginners such as me. It could never be an advanced or pro level wave, unless said pro is < 150 lbs.

Do I have it right?

Maybe you should revisit the title of the thread you started, and check your demeanor of the last sentence of your first post.

Don't play the fool. We know your boat is for sale and you have to put in work on that corporate d.

I really wasn't trying to make this about Surf Gate, but the last two posts have me scratching my head. Just so I understand your position...

Surf Gate is for weekend warriors and beginners such as me. It could never be an advanced or pro level wave, unless said pro is < 150 lbs.

Do I have it right?

Weird maybe you should rename said thread then. Just pointing out his riding skills had nothing to do with surfgate like you might think.

Ya really. Always the victim.

How bout this....." Some of the best riding I have seen! Check out this vid".

Or

"This kid is killing it! Check out the transfers."

Just a few examples how to NOT make it a Surfgate pissing contest.

Nope... we are not going there. I honestly didn't want this. Please stop!

Whatever you think I was trying to do, you are wrong. I just liked the video and thought I'd share. My OP was really trying to highlight the riding the video making. The comment about the wave was "tongue in cheek" which is why I put a funny face on it. I must have misread your comments about his weight... a veiled comment about there being no push.

Please, don't get crazy folks. This was innocent. I promise.

As for Bobby, it seems there's nothing I can say or do that does not get his blood going. Check your PM's Bobby. I swear I'm not the bad guy you imagine.

I've always enjoyed videos from the guys at Slayshtank/Shred Stixx... They produce some of the most legitimate wakesurf bit's in the game. Here's my favorite video; back when Hazen used to ride for Shred Stixx.

http://vimeo.com/17040324

Wait umm he's a pro and not even behind a Malibu or surfgate equipped boat. My mind is blown.

Oh. my. g0d. Here we go again.

IXFE: how did you get that from my post? I said the video (you posted) was awesome. I said the kid in said video was awesome. NYRyan said, just off the cuff I imagine, that the kid was 160. No biggie.. I was just sayin I didn't think that was the case.... Evidenced by the fact he could ride a 6" whitewash, 30' back.

Now as far as your comment about 'my thoughts' on SG: I've said it before and I'll say it again: A video of a pro rider going off behind a boat proves absolutely nothing to me. Wakeboarding, skiing, surfing, whatever. Why would it? I don't follow that logic. So if Danny Harf can do a 900 behind a 17' Bayliner.....that means what exactly?

Why does everyone bash Bayliners?? They make great boats!!