Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Whats the best colour?

vk5cp

Hi all,

Looking to purchase a new boat (probably a 2014 Axis 20A unless I can find a secondhand 2013 VTZ 20).

What's the most practical colour - white will show the dirty river water stains (We ski on the Murray in South Australia) , I expect Black would not show the stains but is it like owning a black car which shows all the marks.

Thanks in advance

CP

White is easiest to care for. Black is the most difficult to keep clean and looking nice.

If you are buying used I would be more concerned about the running condition of whichever boat you are considering than the color

Black, white, red, blue, gray <----- those colors fare well on the used boat market. Stray from those and you loose $$ because you shrink your pool of customers.

If you plan to keep the boat for a very long time...get anything you want. I'd suggest you start with a gray or black hull from you describe... And go from there.