Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
jeeper92

Raising the wedge!

jeeper92

I have an 06 247 and the speed sensor paddle wheel was damaged and I have no speedometer reading. I pulled the speed sensor and tried spinning the remnants of the wheel, but could not get the wedge to come up. Does the boat have to be running to get the wedge to come up. I tried to spin the sensor with the ignition switch on and the boat in gear, but not running. Help want to head ou on the lake tomorrow but not with the wedge down again.

Calgary25LSV

Hi,

I had a similar issue. All I did was have the ignition on and while I spun the smsll paddlewheel under the boat with my finger I had a friend push the power wedge switch. I didn't have to have the motor running. I might be inclined to think your sensor (the small paddle wheel on the bottom of the hull) is indeed the problem. Hope this helps

Brad

Edited by Calgary25LSV

REW

You may have more damaged in the system than just the wheel, You need to have some forward movement to get the power wedge to move.. It is a safety thing so it wont come up while someone is on back there. If the sensor is damaged as well you wont get the signal that will allow the wedge to move.

Hope this helps.

jloven

Yeah, found out the same thing today. The boat is supposed to be in motion a minimum of 3mph for the wedge to raise according to my dealer.

Bobby Light

You can spin the paddle wheel manually and move the wedge up if the actuators are not damaged.

grandude

Jeeper92, I just sent you a PM. Hit me up and I think I can talk you thru it.