Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My 247 Build Pic's.......

stewart

Well as many of you know I ordered a 247. This is our 4th Malibu.

On all of the prevoius builds I was able to enjoy pictures and post them for the crew or the old MBO.

This time around is another story.......

I was told originally that my boat would spray on 4/17. Then it was changed to 4/13. Last week on the 4th I spoke with Jorge in customer service and he confiremed the 4/13 spray date. I also got shipping info to send my dash speakers. I planned on going down on Friday 4/14 (took the day off) and was bringing my nephews along so they could check it out. We also figured out the date of the water test and I was going to take that day off as well. Out of all of the boats I have built I never got a water test.

Well Yata, Yata, Yata.... I called Jorge today to set up a an appointment on Friday and he told me my 247 was WATER TESTED TODAY! No pictures were taken of any part of the build Mad.gif He said he wrote down 4/13 on his notes, but apparently he meant 4/03. Frustrated.gif

On top of that, I now had to overnight my speakers for $37.00 and pray that they don't lose them and actually get them installed my boat.

I'm not going to waste my time going to the factory to see this thing under a tarp waiting to be shipped. My newphews were bummed, but they said there really is no point of going if you can't see your boat on the line. And I don't blame them.

Needless to say, Bash.gifBash.gifBash.gifBash.gif

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• WakeGirl

• Malibudude

• Greg_S

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boy that really stinks, It sure is nice to have pictures of you boat during production, but on a bright note you will have your new boat sooner. So what colors did you order and how about options. Now you just have to loose sleep waiting to take delivery.

Stew -

Happy to hear that the vessel is almost done, but sorry to hear about the pic problem. I have a friend that has his VLX shipping this week and he only got one round or pics sent. Maybe they are bitting off more than they can chew with the production numbers going up?

Anyway, congrats and can't wait to see her!

Greg

Edited by Greg_S

yeah, new boat! focus on the good things! you will soon have plenty of pics to share!

anyway what are the specs?????

OK, someone's got to bust your b@lls for being a whiner...might as well be me... Biggrin.gif

So let me get this straight...

1) You're getting a new boat Yes.gif

2) It's arguably the premier boarding / surfing boat on the market Yes.gif

3) You're going to get it two weeks earlier than originally scheduled Yes.gif

4) You're whining about not getting pictures? :Doh:

Fingerwag.gif kwitcherbitchin!! :lol:

j/k Stewart. Congrats on the new boat. I understand your disappointment, I guess. :)

Hey Stewart.....I feel your pain! I just took delivery of my v-Ride (1st Malibu....1st boat for that matter) and while it was being built I received pics from the spray date and then ones from the lake test with none in between! I was really wanting to see pics from the rigging process probably the most. Oh well! I can't really complain however! They did install my Polk MMC650's for me and wired everything in although I was told that they wouldn't wire them. I am really impressed with the customer service and attention to detail so far so I guess griping about the lack of build pics is kind of knit-picking!

Good luck with your boat!

Well sorry bud, but I've gotta go with Michael on this one. No pics, but dammit man, you're getting your boat EARLY!!! The glass is half full, not half empty! Think of it this way, they could have moved you back 2 weeks & still missed the pictures.

Seriously though, congratulations. I know that you've been waaaaaiting. I'm glad to hear that it was good news & I can't wait to get a ride in that beast. :)

Congrats on the new ride, sorry to here about the pics but like others have said two weeks eraly is always a plus. Now you can take the two days off of work to take the boat out instead of just drooling as it's being built. Can't wait to see it, glad you didn't buy a MC

Seriously, gotta go with Michael too. WHAT AREYOU CRYING ABOUT?!!!! You're getting your boat early. You should be holaring, 'YIPPEEEEEEEEE!'

Granted, a little disapointed on the pics and tour visit, but dude, you'll have your ride ALL decked and ready within 30 days or less.

Seriously, gotta go with Michael too. WHAT AREYOU CRYING ABOUT?!!!! You're getting your boat early. You should be holaring, 'YIPPEEEEEEEEE!'

Granted, a little disapointed on the pics and tour visit, but dude, you'll have your ride ALL decked and ready within 30 days or less.

I knew you and Michael would bust my balls on this, but Wakegirl :)

Nobody is crying. Did you see me use the crying emoticon? I used the frustrated and mad emoticon. :lol:

I use to have some juice at the factory. Afterall this is my 4th Malibu. :) Now the current CS manager just pawns me off to a junior CS. He in turn pawns me off to the dealer, who says WTF, Malibu knows better than us. Than I have to make extra calls, like who to get my speakers to at the factory. How does the CS there not know the person who handles this for Malibu's largest dealer? I could go on, but won't.

I just can't believe that my boat had already sprayed, and the CS didn't even know it. We were making plans on get photo's etc. while the boat had already sprayed :lol:

I use to have some juice at the factory. Afterall this is my 4th Malibu. :) Now the current CS manager just pawns me off to a junior CS. He in turn pawns me off to the dealer, who says WTF, Malibu knows better than us. Than I have to make extra calls, like who to get my speakers to at the factory. How does the CS there not know the person who handles this for Malibu's largest dealer? I could go on, but won't.

I just can't believe that my boat had already sprayed, and the CS didn't even know it. We were making plans on get photo's etc. while the boat had already sprayed :lol:

Malibu Boats Inc. are you listening?

I can see the frustration with that, especially with what you've been through with the 2 blue boats. It is frustrating when a company that you've been nothing but loyal to doesn't give you the same level of service that they have in the past - we have personal experience with that one unfortunately. Things change, personnel & policy changes usually & it can be hard on those that have been "part of the family" so to speak for so long. I can see that.

But, the glass is still half full. If they had done all of this & made you wait a lot longer, that would have been good cause to be steamed over the entire deal. I just can't wait to get a look at this one. Which color scheme did you end up going with?

I can see the frustration with that, especially with what you've been through with the 2 blue boats. It is frustrating when a company that you've been nothing but loyal to doesn't give you the same level of service that they have in the past - we have personal experience with that one unfortunately. Things change, personnel & policy changes usually & it can be hard on those that have been "part of the family" so to speak for so long. I can see that.

But, the glass is still half full. If they had done all of this & made you wait a lot longer, that would have been good cause to be steamed over the entire deal. I just can't wait to get a look at this one. Which color scheme did you end up going with?

True. Except for no cover (Rankin was ordered based on original spray date) and it will sitting outside for 2 weeks after the dealer gets it...... Plus, stereo install and some other items were all lined up for 1st-2nd week in May. Other than that its all good.....

Am I hearing you correctly, I am in luck, as I have not ordered a Rankin yet. YIIIIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE

Grant

Oh and by the way Stewart congrats on the new 247

Edited by Xcape00

covercrafts, sorry. We're getting set up for a group buy with him (Cory), he used to work at Rankin. Sorry Greg, I had no idea at the time that this was going to be available to us. I might have waited myself if I had known. Oh well.

covercrafts, sorry. We're getting set up for a group buy with him (Cory), he used to work at Rankin. Sorry Greg, I had no idea at the time that this was going to be available to us. I might have waited myself if I had known. Oh well.

Cory does not have a template available for the 247.... he said maybe in a few months. RSsports was $300 more than Rankin, so I went with Rankin.