Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where do you buy from?

FreshTracks

Where do you buy your boards, bindings, etc. from? From a shop, or an online website? Which one and why?

What about the extras for the boat like bumpers, ropes, etc?

BTW, I just picked up a new Box Anchor, Sand Spike, 2 American coolers, and an H.O. Formula 3 tube from the OC Boat show. All heavily discounted.

There are some deals out there, let's help each other out, while keeping the good retailers in business.

Just bought a used kids wakeboard... found it on Craigslist.

Bought my speakers on e-bay.

I bought a lot of gear when I had the discount at the dealer.

Buy some of my boards from buywake.com and most of my boat and riding stuff from my local dealer Lake Placid marine (they're awesome) Thumbup.gif

Grizzly-Sports

This is a good place for last years (and older) new items--They are helpful if you call them.

Wileys

Wileys is a great place--They are very helpful as well--They seem to have a good reputation.

The House

Good prices on several items.

BuyWake

These are close out items. This site is "point and click" intensive.

Overtons

A good referance site. Prices seem fair. They have just about anything you could ask for.

Hope this helps.

Basic boat gear: Overtons

Boarding gear: Local Dealer (good discounts and I can test it before I buy it) :)

Stereo Equipment: E-bay (Why pay retail)

Boat Gear - dock lines, fenders, spare covers, paddles - it varies - Bass Pro, local boat dealers, whoever has what I need.

Toys/Ropes/Handles - some from Wiley's, some from Grizzly-Sports, most from our local Malibu/HO dealer - NoWake. Their prices are typically competitive with current season on-line prices + shipping & their knowledge/service is top notch.

Edit - All of our neo vests came from Costco.

Edited by weinrdog
Grizzly Sports has some great deals on boards and bindings.

I've bought stuff from Grizzly Sports for over 5 years with nothing but excellent customer service. I just sent in some 2004 Temet bindings last month because of the rubber coming unglued from the underlay. I thought it would be an easy replacement piece, but they just sent me some 2005 Murray bindings for free instead! Yahoo.gif

Call them to work out pricing. Their 2nd boards are in great shape for typically $100 cheaper than other web companies.

Bought a New Kidder CR-7 from Wileys.

Bought Perfect pass digital pro and Barefoot Boom from SKI BOAT SOLUTIONS in Ocala, FL Billy Nichols (owner) will take care of you.

Misc boating stuff from my local West Marine.

Grizzly Sports has some great deals on boards and bindings.

I've bought stuff from Grizzly Sports for over 5 years with nothing but excellent customer service. I just sent in some 2004 Temet bindings last month because of the rubber coming unglued from the underlay. I thought it would be an easy replacement piece, but they just sent me some 2005 Murray bindings for free instead! Yahoo.gif

Call them to work out pricing. Their 2nd boards are in great shape for typically $100 cheaper than other web companies.

yep Grizzly is great. I pick up my boat supplys from the local dealer when they have there once a yr sale. I try not to buy things unless on sale. Stereo stuff from E-bay. Tring to work on a deal for props and may see about a group thing if hes up for it.

Buy all the boards and a lot of riding gear from local shop. (AWS) Really like the local service, demo program, and having someplace to go in the winter and at least talk about boating/riding.

I do buy some misc boating gear once in a while online. (Barts, Overtons) I'll have to check out Wiley's.

I like supporting the local shop!

I also buy most of my watersports equipment from Active Water Sports, the local shop. I always buy from the really nice salesperson who gives me a good deal. Biggrin.gif

Darren at Wiley's.

www.wileyski.com

Paul Crawford at D3 Skis.

Boats and anything that has to do with my boat comes from NoWake Marine in Cincinatti. Hands down the best dealership I have ever been to.

Exactly the same for me. Every ski, wakeboard, ropes, lifejackets, etc. have come from No Wake.

Misc gear- Overtons, Bart's & sometimes Ski Limited.

Ski equipment- gloves, lines, handles, skis, neo goods- Performance Ski & Surf in Orlando www.perfski.com

Basic boating stuff I forgot to plan ahead for- WestMarine

Stereo equipment- Crutchfield (service trumps price here)

OEM parts, etc- local Malibu dealer

Maintenance items- wherever it's convenient when I need it.

GAS- local marina @$3.50/gal+ for premium- time to buy more gas cans