Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

tower speaker question

wheelman

So I currently have 4 wetsounds 6x9's in the factory cans and want to add 2 more speakers. Was originally planning on adding 2 rev 10's ,but can now pick up 2 exile xm9's at less than half the price of revs. Don't want to start an exile vs wetsounds debate here just curious if the xm9's are as loud as the rev 10's? Also do you guys think the tower will look weird with 4 factory 6x9 cans in factory position and 2 round cans across the tow bar? or may install them on front bar so they are behind the 6x9's ?if anyone else had this set up and has a pic that would be awesome to see.

Well a member here aquaman I think has 6 rev 10s and 4 wetsounds 6x9 so it shouldn't look to bad since his looks good. I would say they are similar. You can't go wrong with either. I don't think IMO the wetsounds is twice as good as the exile. About the same I think.

It might be hard to get an honest, unbiased opinion on XM9 vs. Rev10 because I doubt many people have tried both of them, back-to-back, with same power. All you can really go by is the reviews, and there are people who rave about both. So both must be good. That's how I see it.

As an XM9 user, I think they are fantastic, and much better than my prior Wetsounds setup (which was not Rev10).

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 1

Properly setup, both the XM9 and Rev10 will be loud. Like IXFE said, almost impossible to get unbiased opinion unless someone had owned both powered by similar amps.

I chose the Rev10 based on other's review and 1 real world listening on my buddy's boat. Never had the opportunity to hear the XM9 but had 2 pairs of SXT65 before and they sound really good. FWIW, the XM9 is just under 9" driver while the rev10 is a true 10" driver. I think this has been debated to death in many other forums. If you're picking up the XM9 at half the cost of the rev, that alone is a big plus. Still hard to believe how expensive these speakers are.

The answer to the OP's question has nothing to do with brand names or even biased or unbiased opinions, but physics and surface area. The larger driver will be louder and reach deeper into the mid-bass range, then the smaller driver.