Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Line Check Valve *NOTE for other 07 VTX Owners*

Clutch-n-Throttle

Greetins 'Bu Crew!

I need some help. I just had my new motor installed in my 07 VTX. After a few adjustments, the motor fired right up. My mechanic and I took the boat out for a shake down at the lake. The motor was idling fine when we pulling out of the no wake zone. My Mechanic(Brian) gave it some throttle and the motor would bog down. He did this several times. The motor would rev to about 2000 rpms and bog down. Brian shut down the motor and immediately suspected a fuel line problem. He checked the fuel filter and the filter was still new. He then pulled out this little gem. It was soft and gummy when he pulled it put.

null_zps1ffbba07.jpg

He said it was the fuel line check valve. Basically, it maintains pressure in the fuel rail when the pump is shut off. Because it was old and deformed, it was preventing fuel from going to the motor. Well. We put the filter back in sans check valve and the motor ran like a champ. Brian went back and contacted Malibu about the check valve. He told me that the fuel pump system in the 07 model year had the check valve. Malibu changed the fuel pump for 08 and on. Brian told me that Malibu did not have any info regarding the fuel check valve. The revised fuel pump is $600.

Do any of you Crew members know where I can get a new valve? I really don't want to spend another $600 after spending $9500 on a new motor and exhaust manifolds.

NOTE: For you other 07 VTX boat owners with high hour motors. Brain also stated that this check valve may cause a lean condition on the motor and may trip cylinder misfire codes. I know I had some misfire codes earlier this year and my motor had approx. 850 hours.

I would think that any in line fuel check valve would work.

See if you can find that matches the hose size and give a try.

the FPR "fuel pressure regulator" is what sits right before the fuel rail and keeps the fuel rail primed with fuel when you shut off the engine. This is what it looks like.

http://www.bakesonline.com/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=regulator

Edited by Murphy8166

That can be a little frustrating!! You spend all that $$$ and things still don't work. Sound like the mechanic from Paridise Water Sports?

Good luck...

Thanks. I have to see if that could work.

That can be a little frustrating!! You spend all that $$$ and things still don't work. Sound like the mechanic from Paridise Water Sports?

Good luck...

Yeah. Brian's a good dude and he has a good crew there. We got the boat running and it runs like a champ. The boat is fine without the check valve. I just have to turn the key and pause right before I crank the starter. I can live with it but if I could find the valve, it would be that much better. :thumbup:

I thought that maybe I could throw it out to the crew and someone might know of some secret stash of these valves. :dontknow:

Greetins 'Bu Crew!

I need some help. I just had my new motor installed in my 07 VTX. After a few adjustments, the motor fired right up. My mechanic and I took the boat out for a shake down at the lake. The motor was idling fine when we pulling out of the no wake zone. My Mechanic(Brian) gave it some throttle and the motor would bog down. He did this several times. The motor would rev to about 2000 rpms and bog down. Brian shut down the motor and immediately suspected a fuel line problem. He checked the fuel filter and the filter was still new. He then pulled out this little gem. It was soft and gummy when he pulled it put.

null_zps1ffbba07.jpg

He said it was the fuel line check valve. Basically, it maintains pressure in the fuel rail when the pump is shut off. Because it was old and deformed, it was preventing fuel from going to the motor. Well. We put the filter back in sans check valve and the motor ran like a champ. Brian went back and contacted Malibu about the check valve. He told me that the fuel pump system in the 07 model year had the check valve. Malibu changed the fuel pump for 08 and on. Brian told me that Malibu did not have any info regarding the fuel check valve. The revised fuel pump is $600.

Do any of you Crew members know where I can get a new valve? I really don't want to spend another $600 after spending $9500 on a new motor and exhaust manifolds.

NOTE: For you other 07 VTX boat owners with high hour motors. Brain also stated that this check valve may cause a lean condition on the motor and may trip cylinder misfire codes. I know I had some misfire codes earlier this year and my motor had approx. 850 hours.

I'm very interested if you find this valve. I had water trouble and tons of misfire codes while chasing the problem. When I pulled my filter I soaked the remaining fuel up with a paper towel. A small spring came up in the towel and now I wonder if this was part of the valve? Is it located below the filter? I'm at 950 hrs now and have had longer than normal cranking times than I am used to. I was assuming I was running rich (misfire codes) due to the ridiculous amount of water in my tank, but maybe this is the culprit or part of it. I don't like the $9500 part of your post though...not very reassuring;) Hope it all works out for you.

Dave

I'm very interested if you find this valve. I had water trouble and tons of misfire codes while chasing the problem. When I pulled my filter I soaked the remaining fuel up with a paper towel. A small spring came up in the towel and now I wonder if this was part of the valve? Is it located below the filter? I'm at 950 hrs now and have had longer than normal cranking times than I am used to. I was assuming I was running rich (misfire codes) due to the ridiculous amount of water in my tank, but maybe this is the culprit or part of it. I don't like the $9500 part of your post though...not very reassuring;) Hope it all works out for you.

Dave

The valve came out from on top of the filter.