Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where to mount sub on '02 SS LXI?

cyclone18

Hey guys, I am hoping to upgrade the stereo in my sunsetter lxi and I have a question as to where to mount the sub.. I have a heater behind my drivers foot well kick panel. Does anyone have pictures or different ideas on where I can put my sub? Thanks

I have an infinity basslink mounted on the driver footwell. Had to move the heater to make it fit. Don't have a pic handy but can take one next weekend. Sounds great and is LOUD.

Just moved it up and out of the way a few inches. It was a PITA but not impossible to do. I made a platform for the sub to sit on out of king starboard type material. Will take pics when i'm there again.

Cyclone the box itself is about 180mm deep at the front and about 300mm deep at the back and as you can see in the pictures sits just behind the steering rack. Never realized the carpet was dirty so going to have to clean that and paint the speaker grille.

If you want some measurements let me know and I'll knock up a drawing for you

Hope these help

iy99.jpg

9cy2.jpg

• Like 1

Under the dash. Your dash should be identical to mine (same hull, same dash, just DD vs V-drive). I have a heater and have no issues having a sub under the dash. The only thing I had to relocate was driver's heater outlet, which was very easy to do and improved the heat to the driver in the process.

dsc03953d.jpg

dsc03949g.jpg