Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A24 or LSV

Maas

I'm picking up a new boat for next year and I'm trying to decide between the two, I have a few questions, does anyone have much experience with the strength of the Axis tower? The G3 tower is a beast and I love it, i've seen many other wakeboard boats with towers that flex and rattle, is the Axis tower as solid as the G3?

Trying to decide on Enigines as well, is it worth it on either of these boats to go for the 409 or LS3? Assuming i'm going to load either one down and I'm thinking a 23-24 foot boat, loaded with weight is going to need some push. Yes I'll upgrade the prop in either boat. Does anyone have torque curves for the 350, 409 and LS3?

The axis tower is solid from what I have seen. I love the G3 though, unbeatable. Honestly I would go LS3. The 6.0 is pretty pointless since the torque curves are less than the monsoon at 1-3k rpms.

i'm trying to find the torque curves for all of the engines and have contacted indmar, seems like they don't want to release them, which i find very strange.

I really like the 14 LS3 but the value of the A24 is incredible

IMO, they are both nice boats. I just do not like the interior of the Axis. The pickle fork has the tendency to go out of style, IMO. Right now it's hot! Just the classic clean lines of the LSV with that Malibu interior is hard to beat. I really like the factory style of the Maliview and MLS launch system. Power wedge and presets are awesome! My two cents.

Apples and oranges really. If your main concern is wake and functionality, then a is will get the job done And you'll save some coin. If you want the "plush" comfort and bling, the LSV. Both will perform great on the water, how important is the "luxury" part of it to you?

I've been in several A24's. I've not demoed one yet, but from what I've been told, it's the best wake and wave in the Axis lineup. I've also been told that the LS3 is a must if you are going to add weight. I owned 2 a22's and had a ton of speakers and a z5 on both, and the towers were rock solid. I'm looking hard at an A24 for next year. I guess it will depend on how good of a year I have at work.

Axis is a solid all around boat, and you'll get one for about 10k less than a similarly optioned LSV. IMO LS3 is a must for any of these larger boats if you're planning getting the most out of them wake and wave wise. I was in an a24 yesterday and I liked it, really want to get a chance to see a new LSV in person. Hear great things

what kind of price range are you into for an A24 with 450hp?

I know my dealer has one listed at 89k with the ls3 and a nice WS system in it. I'm sure there is a few thousand in wiggle room there and you could for go the system and save almost 5k. So I'm betting you could get a A24 with the LS3 for around 80k before taxes if you didn't throw too many options at it

I've spent about 8 hours in a loaded up A24. I would not recommend buying one without the LS3. If your adding ballast above stock or even having 17 people on board you'll appreciate the extra power.

I'll vouch for what Chatt heard, the wake and wave are the best in the axis line up and won't disappoint even the most discerning riders. One thing to consider..... The A24 is the only hull Malibu has developed knowing that it would be getting surfgate. That difference is noticeable :)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

Pricing is a big difference, if i go with the a24 and the ls3, well equipped i'm at 78k before negotiation and taxes, if i look at the same boat in a lsv i'm at about 110K, now there is a lot more room to move i hear in the lsv, i had an lsv being sold to me last year that i didn't move on, 105k msrp had them down to 75k (no surfgate 2012 left over boat), but no ls3 in that one. All being said i think after negotiation there will be about a 20k difference. I know they've got a 30% mark up in the malibu, dont' know what it is in the axis.

Just as i thought the ls3 is the engine to get in these big boats, i can't see them loaded up with ballast, which i'm guessing you need a ton of to sink a 24 foot hull, and people, moving well with a 350 engine.

Chatt after being in the 24's, as i've not seen one yet, am i going to be dissapointed in the interior? Or is it decent enough to me to forget the 20k less price.

I really like the no screen in the A24, dont' need problems with electronics, plan on keeping the boat a while and using it well

Correct, no play pen in the 24, but the 22 still has it. There is so much seating that I doubt you'll miss it. My personal opinion is that the axis interior is very comparable to an 07 or 08 Malibu... It isn't as plush as the brand new Bu's but it is not anything where your average Joe would think it is a cheaper boat.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

Pricing is a big difference, if i go with the a24 and the ls3, well equipped i'm at 78k before negotiation and taxes, if i look at the same boat in a lsv i'm at about 110K, now there is a lot more room to move i hear in the lsv, i had an lsv being sold to me last year that i didn't move on, 105k msrp had them down to 75k (no surfgate 2012 left over boat), but no ls3 in that one. All being said i think after negotiation there will be about a 20k difference. I know they've got a 30% mark up in the malibu, dont' know what it is in the axis.

Just as i thought the ls3 is the engine to get in these big boats, i can't see them loaded up with ballast, which i'm guessing you need a ton of to sink a 24 foot hull, and people, moving well with a 350 engine.

Chatt after being in the 24's, as i've not seen one yet, am i going to be dissapointed in the interior? Or is it decent enough to me to forget the 20k less price.

I really like the no screen in the A24, dont' need problems with electronics, plan on keeping the boat a while and using it well

Your right for the difference, with the ls3 in both. I am pretty sure axis doesn't have near the markup that Malibu does. 110 sounds like MSRP for the by, like you said you could get that down quite a bit. Axis would not have as much play, but their msrps are more reasonable anyways.