Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Goode snow skis!

MIKEGOUGH1

As much as I hate to say it, I think slalom skiing is being or has been overtaken by the wakeboard and wakeskate market. For Goode to go after the snow ski market tells you they probably need to diversify to stay in business. I was discussing this with my course buddies, and we all agree, you need calm water, a well maintained ski course and willing and able participants to keep the slalom sport alive. It's become obvious that more people want to wakeboard, skate or surf because it is much easier, more of a group sport and requires much less raw talent on the beginner end of things. I enjoy wakeboarding myself, but I do not get the rush from wakeboarding that I get from a 32 off pass. I hate to see it happen, but it is getting harder and harder to commit to slalom with all the other options available today. Many of the other manufacturers already have both the ski and board market, I guess some of the others like KD and Goode will have to do the same to survive.

I may be wrong, but I think that Goode was making high end ski poles way back when....

I hate to see the transition to wakeboarding, too. Cry.gif