Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ACME props

D-GOOSE

I'm looking at buying a spare prop this year I have the ACME 4 blade 381. I have seen prices as low as $375

Where have you guys found great prices on Props?

Would you get the travel bag with the remover?

Thanks for all your help Yahoo.gif In advance.

I have the bag and puller. I don't tow the boat much but when I do I'm glad I have a place to store the spare so it won't get bent or cut something up. Make sure to get the "C" style puller and NOT the Harmonic style.

I bought my prop at Wakeside. I got the bag, puller and wrench somewhere else.

I have the bag and puller. I don't tow the boat much but when I do I'm glad I have a place to store the spare so it won't get bent or cut something up. Make sure to get the "C" style puller and NOT the Harmonic style.

I bought my prop at Wakeside. I got the bag, puller and wrench somewhere else.

Just curious to know why the harmonic style is not favored. I have never had to change a prop myself, and I bought the ACME bag and puller kit from my dealer since I do tow a good bit. Is it a much more difficult change out, or are additional tools required (other?)?

I made sure to read the directions that came with the kit so that I would know what to expect, but I have only this theoretical knowledge and no practical experience, your input is appreciated.

G-Pac

I just bought a new ACME prop from SKIDIM. They had a deal on the prop puller when you bought the prop. Also used the order code of Malibu and got 10% off the entire purchase. Prop + puller was just over $400 and that included shiping.

Simple...the C puller works better. The harmonic kind works fine for recently mounted props but one that's been on for some time will be tough.

Thanks for clarifying. Where did you pick up your C puller? Is it a standard tool, or something you should get from the prop manufacturer?

G-Pac

I have the OJ Props puller. Max / Dave at skiertoskier.com can help. Might also be worth a phone call to Eric at OJ to discuss the OJ XMP Edge prop they've designed specifically for wakeboarding.

I have the OJ Props puller. Max / Dave at skiertoskier.com can help. Might also be worth a phone call to Eric at OJ to discuss the OJ XMP Edge prop they've designed specifically for wakeboarding.

Here's a picture of the new OJ XMP Edge. Definitely a wakeboard prop :)

post-28-1144858595_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
Acme Weekend Saver Kit. If you Google it you can find several more places that sell them. IIRC the "C" style puller does not include the hammer. My last bent prop sheared the key too. It would never have come off with the Harmonic style puller. I don't really like the idea of banging on the end of my prop shaft with a hammer either.
I just bought a new ACME prop from SKIDIM. They had a deal on the prop puller when you bought the prop. Also used the order code of Malibu and got 10% off the entire purchase. Prop + puller was just over $400 and that included shiping.

Can you Pm me with that code?

I'm calling around to see who will give the best price.

If any one has more sites keep them coming.

I'm looking into that with one guy form my area. But wanted to see what the best I could get with out the group buy, so that I'm vary well informed. Just thinking of the gang. Also seeing about the bag with it.

• Like 1
  • 6 years later...

D-Goose,

For new the best I found over the offseason was from wakeprops and Nettle's props in Austin. The prices look like they have gone up in the last month though from what they were.

I purchased an ACME 1235 on ebay a few weeks ago for $250 that had damage from the prior owner hitting dirt/sand when putting the boat back on the lift. I had him send it directly to ACME who repaired it to like new and shipped it to be for $138. After all was said and done I got it for $388

Original post is 7 years old......

:rofl: After 7 years we could only dream of having those pricing. Sense that time I have went demoed and used over 6 props on my boat. I am working on a GB for props and hope to have it ready by the end of April.

• Like 1