Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Rumors

Fly

Even though some of us haven't had our 2006 boats on the lake yet, now that spring is in the air and some of the 2007 vehicles are out I thought it would be fun to start the speculation and rumors on the 2007 Malibu line. As this will be the 25th anniversary I would expect to see Malibu come out with some special boats - either new models, significant changes to existing models, or special editions.

Anybody have any juicy rumors or just care to speculate on what's in store for the upcoming model year?

This needs to stop right here. I haven't even gotten my '06 yet. I got my '06 because it had better and more convenient features than the 05. I don't know if I can afford to listen to this.

This needs to stop right here. I haven't even gotten my '06 yet. I got my '06 because it had better and more convenient features than the 05. I don't know if I can afford to listen to this.

The only reason I got my '05 was because it had more features than the '04 Crazy.gif

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

Better get used to it. It's gonna happen every year... :)

I heard that Hot Pink was goining to be the new base color for 2007... ROFL.gif Seriously, I heard that to meet California emissions regulations, Indmar has to install catilysers on all their engine models. This will reduce emissions a lot but will add extra weight (I think 60 pounds), reduce performance (5-10% I heard...)and add about 800$ to the engine's MSRP. I also heard from a Malibu dealer employee that in 2009 they are going to completely redo the Response for it's 10th anniversary of the curent Response model. Thats all the scoopes I got. Dontknow.gif

just care to speculate on what's in store for the upcoming model year?

Power wedge, change the windshield on the RLXi, publish accurate draft measurements, and install accurate fuel sender. Oh, wait, they already did most of that. . .

. . .HEATED OBSERVERS' SEAT!!! Surprised.gif

...This will reduce emissions a lot but will add extra weight (I think 60 pounds), reduce performance (5-10% I heard...)and add about 800$ to the engine's MSRP...

that sounds like a good reason to stick to the 06 ;)

The price increase of ski boats every year is really amazing to me. Ok, there are reasons for it. Thats for sure. But lets see where we stand in a 5 years time if it goes on like this. Best example is the new X-2. Model change + $9.000.

I heard that they are coming out with a new center console fishing boat that can be run in offshore salt water. Oh wait, that was another company... Biggrin.gif

How about an anniversary edition classic SLXi?

Now there's a great idea. Yahoo.gif

I heard from a reliable source that by 2010 they wouldn't make any more direct drives...

ROFL.gif

Tongue.gif

I wouldn't be surprised.

Ever since the footing boats got scrapped I've been wondering how long it will take the slalom boats to follow.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Ever since the footing boats got scrapped I've been wondering how long it will take the slalom boats to follow.

Scary thought. I hope my "new" Bu lasts as long as my SN has so I don't have to worry about it. I really wish they hadn't changed the SLXi

I heard from a reliable source that by 2010 they wouldn't make any more direct drives...

ROFL.gif

Tongue.gif

I could see them stopping the SLXi and the Waksetter XTi. But keeping the RLXi. The differnence in the wakes beteween the new SLXi and the Sunscape seems to be minimal.

ROFL.gif

Tongue.gif

Well now you had to be mean spirited didn't you? Crazy.gif

I wouldn't be surprised.

Scary thought. I hope my "new" Bu lasts as long as my SN has so I don't have to worry about it. I really wish they hadn't changed the SLXi

Perhaps we could get enough people to commit to purchase a new SLXI for a group buy Surprised.gif

ROFL.gif

Tongue.gif

Well now you had to be mean spirited didn't you? Crazy.gif

I wouldn't be surprised.

Perhaps we could get anough people to commit to purchase a new SLXI for a group buy Surprised.gif

Sign me up! :)

Is anyone else worried that Malibu is starting to make too many boats? I'm all for having a decent selection of models, but they are making close to 20 different models now. I guess I'm worried that quality and attention to detail is going to dwindle a bit.

Mike

I've heard that there will be a new "family oriented" ski boat - hopefully similar to the Slxi of old.

The would be doing themselves a great disservice to omit from their lineup a family oriented direct drive ski boat. There are plenty of us who grew up skiing, have no desire to surf and little desire to wakeboard, and are seeing the families we started a few years back starting to grow up, so we need the extra room on the boat.

If Malibu doesn't serve this market, someone will. If my boat was lost today, I would probably go with the Ski Nautique 216.

Is anyone else worried that Malibu is starting to make too many boats? I'm all for having a decent selection of models, but they are making close to 20 different models now. I guess I'm worried that quality and attention to detail is going to dwindle a bit.

Mike

While Malibu does make a large number of boats now, you will notice one thing. Many of them are the same boats with small changes to suit the individual needs. So many boats, such as you look at the Sunsetter LXi, Sunsetter XTI, Wakesetter XTI, and Sunscape 21 are all very similar boats shape wise, but you can exactly what you want, (V Drive, D drive, different seating systems) and they haven't tweaked many things about the boat design itself. You can change the hull, but the core to the malibu's stays the same. Malibu offers a lot, but the quality isn't going to go away. When I look at a few of Malibu's boats, I don't really consider them differnet boats, just different option packages.

Along with that though. The different options do make the boats do different things. Malibu is a boat that you should do plenty of research about before you buy a new one. With all of their options, you want to make sure you look at everything to make sure you're getting what you would like the most.

This is at least my opinion of Malibu as of late.

I've heard that there will be a new "family oriented" ski boat - hopefully similar to the Slxi of old.

The would be doing themselves a great disservice to omit from their lineup a family oriented direct drive ski boat. There are plenty of us who grew up skiing, have no desire to surf and little desire to wakeboard, and are seeing the families we started a few years back starting to grow up, so we need the extra room on the boat.

If Malibu doesn't serve this market, someone will. If my boat was lost today, I would probably go with the Ski Nautique 216.

Although I'm always in favor of someone buying a Nautique, I have to ask, what's wrong with the RLXi? Doesn't that qualify as a family ski boat? I love my Nautique and have no intentions of parting from it--but my experience is that that RLXi has ample storage room and is a top notch ski boat. It kinda does it all IMHO. What else would Bu do--other than bring back the classic SLXi? And, my belief is that most folks wanting a family ski boat bought the RLXi over the classic SLXi--prompting Bu to make changes in 2005. JMHO.