Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thirty Nine Degrees

VinRLX

Ice is gone, water is 39° and the air is 28°. Almost enough for my 70° rule. Crazy.gif Boat is washed, polished, waxed and sitting uncovered in the garage. New USIA drysuit from Peter is hanging in the closet. . .

The suspense is killing me! Cry.gif

do you leave the lift in all winter, or are you just an eager beaver? we are heading out on a carribean cruise, so I am getting a late start this year...won't even get the boat out of storage until after the 23rd of this month...

Very cool picture, but I would not get in that water with a gun to my head.

Hard to ignore that glass though.......

...I would not get in that water with a gun to my head.
39* water is no big deal with a good drysuit. It's coming up wet into 28* air and doing 34 mph... Shocking.gif ...Brain Freeze on a whole new level. We went out once when it was 38* water / 30* air...I don't recommend it to friends. No.gif

Jack, I seriously hope that pic was from last fall or something. I don't care what the temp is, if you've got that right now, you should be all over it! Fingerwag.gif

do you leave the lift in all winter, or are you just an eager beaver?

I wish I could leave it where it is. Over the break-wall it goes.

Peter--shouldn't you be out delivering a boat to somebody or something??? LOL, good one.

Jerry, that pic was two days ago. If it looked like that today, temperature be damned, I'd be in the boat or on the water.

John, send me just a few degrees of your southern temps, please!!! Cry.gif

Almost enough for my 70° rule.

You Northerners are crazy. Here in So Cal, we have the 110 degree rule.

Yeah, and that's just the air temp. Crazy.gif

Water warmed up to a balmy 46° by today. Air 60ish. USIA drysuit from Peter worked great.

IT'S SKI SEASON!!! Clap.gifRockon.gifBeer.gif

Pretty awesome, ain't it Jack? That drysuit works really well, but man was I worn out just getting the thing on and then getting in my boots (new Approaches took a little work getting into). It was all I could do to hang on back there! Got a bit of work to do to get ready for the clinic with skisix next month - but I'll be luvin every minute of it! Yahoo.gif

Ice is gone, water is 39° and the air is 28°. Almost enough for my 70° rule. :Crazy

I'm still waiting to hit my 140 deg. rule :(

Ice is gone, water is 39° and the air is 28°. Almost enough for my 70° rule. :Crazy

I'm still waiting to hit my 140 deg. rule :(

I am thinking more like 160-180 degree rule.....come on sunshine!

Jack, you've got some warm air coming your way. 75 and humid here with a decent breeze. Been warm and bright all week with a little warm rain at night. Perfect for warming up the lakes!

75 and humid here with a decent breeze.

Yeah, it's the 'breeze' part that is pi$$ing me off. I've got a gale blowing now and tomorrow she's bringing her sister.

Not nearly as fun as it sounds. Cry.gif

Went skiing 2 weeks ago. Water was under 40 and the air was hovering around the same. It was tough on the feet but everything else was fine. With the season being so short in Maine, we take advantage of all the time that we can get on the water. An early April to mid November season sometimes just doesn't seem long enough. Plus just took delivery of my new LXI and we had to try it out!

Edited by Slalom Frog