Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 malibu 23 lsv wakesetter need ballast suggestions

waynemali

Hello everyone,

I have a 2006 23 lsv waksetter and have all the factory ballast tanks full plus 2 750 lb bags in the back storage locker full on one side while surfing and power wedge all the way down. We can surf behind it no problems but the wake is not so great even with all that weight. I was curious if anyone has ideas of how to get a better wake for surfing ? We always put people on the side of whatever the surfer side is as well. Do you think I need more weight and where would you put it ? If anyone can help me out that would be great. I dont have any pics but going out this weekend and I will take pics and post them , just hoping I can figure this out with your help before the weekend.

Thanks and have a good day

Unless you're absolutely loaded up with people, need a bag in the bow and at least one on (or under) the surf side seat - then its just moving people around.

Water depth and speed can be a big factor for the wave/wake... With your configuration, you should be between 11 or 12 mph and ot less than 10 ft of water, preferably not less than 15 feet. Good luck and have fun!

hello,

No I just fill the 750 bag on the side that the surfer is on only other than that the other 750 bag is dry. I usually go out with atleast 4 to 6 people most times and put one or two people closer to the front and the rest on the surfer side as well. The MLS stock ballast is completely full as well , which is front and middle and both in the back which totals 1250 lbs when all full. Hope this helps and thanks for trying to help me out, I appreciate it.

I put a 750 in surf side locker and 2 400s on the seat.wedge all the way down.and rear surf tank,middle and front tanks full.when its just 3 of us in the boat i put a 370 under the seat.i have my speed at 10.this was no 370 but with 5 people in the boat.

Edited by AZ23lsv

awesome and thank you so much for your help , so by the sounds of it I will buy a 750 bag and put it under the surf side seat and move people around and I should be good and also add weight in the bow as well. I will let you all know how it works on friday.