Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First time surfing ropeless 99 SSVLX!

FastFreddy

Here's a video of my first time surfing ropeless. I haven't had much time on the water this year on my new to me 99 VLX but I was very excited to be able to surf.

Setup is:

1100lbs fat sac in rear surf locker ~90% full

~300lbs integrated bow sac (W711) ~90% full

Wife driving, daughter (50lbs) as the observer

I know the wave is small but it's a good start for me. Next weekend I'll be adding people and trying to add some weight on non-surf side too. I also have a Acme 1235 sitting in the garage.

Edited by FastFreddy

dude, for the sake of well, me! :whistle: I'd love to know how your 1235 works out if you ever throw it on!

that 1100# sac, you say it's 90% full but is it 100% full as it's going to get?

same with the integrated bow sac, at least my front seats don't look like they'd be able to fill up very much of the bow sac.

otherwise congratz, it just gets more fun from here, also what speed? we found 10.5 to be the best.

EDIT: so now I think I answered one of my questions at least. since you said the front sac was ~300# and 90% full, so it's 90% full of the space it's in and almost 50% full of it's full potential.

Edited by mnhays

dude, for the sake of well, me! :whistle: I'd love to know how your 1235 works out if you ever throw it on!

that 1100# sac, you say it's 90% full but is it 100% full as it's going to get?

same with the integrated bow sac, at least my front seats don't look like they'd be able to fill up very much of the bow sac.

otherwise congratz, it just gets more fun from here, also what speed? we found 10.5 to be the best.

EDIT: so now I think I answered one of my questions at least. since you said the front sac was ~300# and 90% full, so it's 90% full of the space it's in and almost 50% full of it's full potential.

I fill the bow sac until it overflows and the seat cushions come up a bit. It is 100% full of the space under the seats. If it was abovce the seats I could probably get more water in so I'm guessing 80-90%. I read somewhere that 300 lbs is all you can really get in there.

The 1100lbs sac in the rear locker still had some more room in it to get more water in the rear locker. It was as comfortable as my wife was driving it this way. I could have fit more water in it the way it was. I know I can't get 1100lbs in that locker so it must have been about 800-900 lbs.

My boat is on a lift so it's pretty tricky to get the 1235 on there. I'll try to get it on shortly but no guarantees.

Sorry about the shaky video, that's my 6 year old taking it.

Edited by FastFreddy
  • 2 months later...

Oh nice! I had no idea Maxum made a full inboard.

Its a 1998. The boat has an integrated fiberglass platform. Throws a nice surfwake. I was also surprised Maxum used to make v drives.