Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005 Wakesetter VLX rear ballast not draining.

malibu2004

My friends have a 05 VLX and I have a 04 VLX which are totally different boats. I'm not at the lake to help them.

Can you guys tell me how the rear pumps work on the ballast? Do you have a fill pump and drain pump? They can fill the rear ballast but can't empty it. Do the 05's have a shut off valve so you can swap pumps in the water like my 04 does?

My boat I have one pump that fills and drains.

Thanks

Dave

Yes they have a fill and a drain, the drain is at rear of locker where the floor is a little higher at back of boat. Have no idea if the opens up or unscrews or whatever. Mine does have shutoff valves on the thru hulls

that pump is pretty hard to get to. I replaced mine last year. You won't have to shut off any valves to mess with the drain pump, as it drains out the side of the boat. I had to pull the floor out to get to it, so while i was doing this I made a door for future exchanges.

IMG_0406_zpsd41d31a7.jpg