Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu in Search of New Customer Service/Warranty Director

Malibudude

Would love to know his name. I have a lakehouse neighbor who recently left MC and I wonder if it could be him. If so, that'll sure shake up our mostly MC cove!

Blake was an ex MC guy too!!!....if what you heard is correct, hope they did better this time around!! With my dealing(s) with Blake, I was SHOCKED he lasted as long as he did. The dealers and others I talked to and dealt with about Blake and numerous warranty issues involved, and Blake's lack of effort to get issues resolved was Blake was more of a hinderance when dealing with CS!! ANd that if you could get something done without going thru Blake or having to deal with him, you were better off. But that is just my personal experience(s)!

Edited by happypappy

Nutoz makes an interesting point. GM truck forum has a customer service person that monitors their site and gets involved when needed. I wonder if we have a customer service rep on here often enough to help resolve customer service issues or track any current trending issues (ie - vinyl dicoloration or malivue issues).

FMAN once said that he doesn't believe an accurate review can be made of a boat until you have had it at least 50 hours. I think I agree. I had my VLX for 65 hours, the LSV for around 20. I don't think that gives enought time to make an accurate review of how the boat will hold up. With this in mind, I look at people like myself and Chatt (who also gets a new boat each year and does not put high amounts of hours on them) - can folks like Chatt and myself really make accurate reviews of quality and longevity if we don't use them much and sell them every year?

I was in no way saying Chatt was looking out only for himself, as I too am trying to sell a boat. I was merely saying you cannot tell people to not complain if they have a legitimate complaint. Whether it be Malibu or any other brand or product.

I've been responsible for ordering and maintaining club inboards for 5 years now. In that time, I have ordered 3 Response LX. All three have had the driver seats skinned. The inside corners tear out. Could possibly be something we do. If I was to guess, ATBs put to much stress on the drivers seat.

Every time, I take a picture of it. Email it to our Dealer, Shipyard Marine in Green Bay. Every time Malibu has fixed it within weeks. Haven't had the same seat rip twice. Then again, I've been lucky to sell the used boat within 1 or 2 seasons.

So as far as my experience, it doesn't get much easier!

What do you suppose a CS Rep is measured by? Several of us have been trying to figure this out for years with our company. The CS rep does not get involved unless there is a complaint. Other than apologizing and sending them some free stuff, how is their performance measured?

What do you suppose a CS Rep is measured by? Several of us have been trying to figure this out for years with our company. The CS rep does not get involved unless there is a complaint. Other than apologizing and sending them some free stuff, how is their performance measured?

I never got any free stuff from Blake!!

There were days I felt like this guy though:

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/bmw-m6-owner-goes-hulk-over-defects-smashes-163648995.html

Edited by happypappy

Nice self serving commentary nutoz... I guess someone who owns a 14 year old boat could care less about how those of us with newer rigs may suffer from some of the hate that gets spewed. I don't think wanting to keep the value of a newer boat high is "frevilous".

How exactly did you do your math? A 2013 VLX sure seems a lot newer than 14 years old? I thought you were an attorney.Might wanna pay attention to the details, but then again I guess a 2013 is an "old" boat for a guy like you.

Btw, I didn't make this personal. I simply voiced an opinion that some people were taking personal shots at people they don't even know and seemed to revel in bashing the Malibu brand. I guess it doesn't surprise me that certain members would instinctively take things to a personal level with me.

Didn't know what you did was so "personal" , seeing how the only reason I know that is from your online dealings.

And to reiterate what I was saying. Re-read his post. He HAD a 2000, now has a NEW boat. Is Avy shows a 2013 VLX.

Makes you look kinda dumb for firing off on him because he his fully justified to have his take on these issues.

If I made a mistake, which happens on occassion, and missed the fact that he has a newer boat, it doesn't change the fact that some people on here have no problem throwing out personal insults at people they don't know and bashing the malibu brand - in a manner that's over and above mere constructive criticism. Does that bother me because I think it has the potential to hurt the brand? Yup.

I have no problem with people voicing issues they have, concerns they have, problems they have. I think its great for people to offer constructive criticism, vent, etc. However, again, I think some threads just get derailed by people who seem to love to attack the brand as a whole and who do things like call for the heads of employees they don't know.

Edited by Chattwake