Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu in Search of New Customer Service/Warranty Director

Malibudude

Looks like changes are in store for the customer service department as Malibu is in search of a new Customer Service/Warranty Director. If you have issues still call the same cs number. Just wanted to get that information out as I know warranty has been a hot issue one the board, It shows that this area is being addressed. Until a new director is in place temporarily Kerri and Blaire are handling all warranty and cs aspects and meeting with the vp operations daily.

Looks like changes are in store for the customer service department as Malibu is in search of a new Customer Service/Warranty Director. If you have issues still call the same cs number. Just wanted to get that information out as I know warranty has been a hot issue one the board, It shows that this area is being addressed. Until a new director is in place temporarily Kerri and Blaire are handling all warranty and cs aspects and meeting with the vp operations daily.

This is great news. I am going to apply.

• Like 2

I will wait to make a judgment....just b/c someone has lost his/her job does not mean that the issue has been addressed.

For all we know that person could have been relieved of his/her duty b/c he/she made a stink about the issues with the warranty and CS in an effort to change and Malibu mgt did not like it.

I guess we will see....

Not the case.

He could of just moved on also. People do that all the time.

That being said the guys in California who helped me before things got shifted around were super helpful and always got things resolved. I can't say the same for the people in TN.

The people in Tennessee that I'm dealing with right now on a warranty claim are hands down some of the most helpful people I've come across in CS/ warranty they resolved the issue in a couple days I couldn't be happier with malibus warranty dept

Not the case.

Thanks for clarifying....I guess I am just jaded b.c I have seen this happen alot in the line of work I am in.

I should wipe that slate clean and give Malibu the benefit of the doubt! Luckily my dealer at WSA has been awesome with the only warranty item we have had in the 69 hours we have on the bu!

I wish they would hire a new director of quality. They can hire and fire all the customer service folks they want, but if a high percentage of boats are leaving the plant with quality defects, the customer service group is going to be overloaded.

• Like 3

I wish they would hire a new director of quality. They can hire and fire all the customer service folks they want, but if a high percentage of boats are leaving the plant with quality defects, the customer service group is going to be overloaded.

I totally agree!

• Like 1

Maybe Paul @ Bakes or Bill Baker can recommend someone, they certainly understand customer service. :thumbup:

I will say that whomever pushed the make-it-right campaign on the 2008's certainly understood the value of good customer service, and getting out there to correct the list of problems they came across showed some backbone to push that initiative.

OUr boat came without the plug in the ski locker, with out the transducer for the depth finder, the cold and hot water hoses were not connected up to the manifold located in the locker so when the engine was running water was being pumped all over the place, and instead of a tachometer they installed a speedo (the other side/opening had zero off) ...so i'd say the quality control needs some work too. There were other issues, but those were the bigger things that were missed.

Edited by happypappy

OUr boat came without the plug in the ski locker, with out the transducer for the depth finder, the cold and hot water hoses were not connected up to the manifold located in the locker so when the engine was running water was going all over the place, and instead of a tachometer they installed a speedo (the other side/opening had zero off) ...so i'd say the quality control needs some work too. There were other issues, but those were the bigger things that were missed.

How did your dealer not find those things? Aren't those all actually part of dealer prep? I'd assume all boats are shipped without plugs so they don't flood on the trailer. Hoses... didn't your dealer start the boat?

Aside from the speedo / tach thing... though if you have zero off you have both on that gauge... potato tomato.

Edited by shawndoggy

OUr boat came without the plug in the ski locker, with out the transducer for the depth finder, the cold and hot water hoses were not connected up to the manifold located in the locker so when the engine was running water was going all over the place, and instead of a tachometer they installed a speedo (the other side/opening had zero off) ...so i'd say the quality control needs some work too. There were other issues, but those were the bigger things that were missed.

Ya those are dealer issues and they should come from the factory like that. Dealer needs to button up those items.

How did your dealer not find those things? Aren't those all actually part of dealer prep? I'd assume all boats are shipped without plugs so they don't flood on the trailer. Hoses... didn't your dealer start the boat?

Aside from the speedo / tach thing... though if you have zero off you have both on that gauge... potato tomato.

NOt just the plug. The hole was not drilled. So there was no opening, hole and hence no plug!!

With the speedo, you do not have oil pressure, hours and I think voltage....all available elsewhere....the point is there should have been a tach in the dash, not a speedo. Still not sure how that got missed.

ANd took awhile to correctly diagnose the not connected hot and cold water lines to the shower manifold, as they were not visiable without tearing the boat 1/2 way apart. There was rubber backed carpet liner in place, so we did not notice the soggy/squishy carpeting for awhile...needles to say it was not an ideal way to start out with a new boat!!

As far as I am concerned, those were all items that should have been caught at the factory...if they had been doing their job!

Edited by happypappy

Good luck to whomever scores this hot potato. Warranty claims, quality control nd keeping the customer happy VS company bottom line, read $$$$ ,regardless of manufacturer, would ahve ot be one of the toughest gigs going. Go too far one way and someone is not going to be happy..

Just to give you a little insight on my particular situation the tower on my mxz after our last trip te knobs pulled out and all the threads came with the knobs I took it to my dealer and the told me to contact Malibu myself as they already know what malibus going to say when they turn in the claim. ("the user failed to keep the tower knobs right and this is the result ") even though we both knew that wasn't the problem! I called Malibu explained what happened and they said they'd get back to me. A few days later I received a call from Malibu with them asking if I would be ok with them paying for a delivery service to deliver my boat from southern california to their plant up north and no cost to me to make sure my tower was done in time for my labor day vacation. Really that's customer service at its finest. Another reason I'll be buying a new one this fall! Thanks again to the ladies at Malibu customer service in Loudon Tennessee

• Like 2

My best goes to the outgoing person, and the incoming person.

Service and warranty are everything or could or should be. By way of a good "warranty plan", make Malibu the only boat to buy. New or used.

Steve B.

Ya those are dealer issues and they should come from the factory like that. Dealer needs to button up those items.

IS that a typo?? It should come from the factory like that??? OR should not come from the factory like that??

Cause I am thinking it should NOt come from the factory like that without the hole drilled in the ski locker and a brass plug installed. and the same for the other problems/ Malibu runs each boat...so all of these problems should have been caught and fixed before leaving the plant!!

Edited by happypappy

Good luck to whomever scores this hot potato. Warranty claims, quality control nd keeping the customer happy VS company bottom line, read $$$$ ,regardless of manufacturer, would ahve ot be one of the toughest gigs going. Go too far one way and someone is not going to be happy..

My DM has a saying (with labor being as tight as it is), we never seem to have enough labor to do the job right the first time, but seem to have enough to fix it the second time". Fix quality control, less to spend in warranty

Not sure if she wants it but if I could vote, I'd vote for Kerri Johns to move into the position. I've talked to her several times over the years and she's been great to deal with :thumbup:

• Like 3