Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Go Home- Auto Stow of Wedge

When hitting the "Go Home" preset, my new 2013 VLX does not automatically stow the power wedge when the speed gets above 3mph. Does anyone know if there is a revision for the software that stows the wedge in "Go Home" mode automatically? If so, what is it; and can the unit be flashed to include this feature?.

I understand that some later built boats WILL automatically stow the wedge in "Go Home" once the boat is traveling at 3mph.

Thanks

You are correct this feature is on my buddies 13 VLX but not on my 13 VTX. I also have a newer software revision.

Edited by old skool malibu

You are correct this feature is on my buddies 13 VLX but not on my 13 VTX. I also have a newer software revision.

I think the go home preset is at 200% for the wedge. Will look into for sure. My VLX was built late into the summer.

You are correct this feature is on my buddies 13 VLX but not on my 13 VTX. I also have a newer software revision

Thanks. That's what I thought. I'll check with my dealer to see if the firmware can be flashed to include this feature.

I think the go home preset is at 200% for the wedge. Will look into for sure. My VLX was built late into the summer.

I wonder if the issue isn't firmware, but is just a setting in the pre set. I'll check that out before calling the dealer. Thanks

Same issue here. I thought that they purposely omitted this as a "safety feature", so that the wedge doesn't go up on it's own. I'll try a software update.

Same issue here. I thought that they purposely omitted this as a "safety feature", so that the wedge doesn't go up on it's own. I'll try a software update.

As I understand, even with the "auto stow" of the wedge, it doesn't stow the wedge until you are going 3 mph.

I thought it was a safety feature also, but when I select the preset it deploys it automatically. Why wouldn't it stow it automatically.

Mine does stow automatically. The speed set for the stow is 2 mph for safety reasons so the wedge will not close on someone trying to board while at idle in nuetral. What I do is hit the go home pre-set when idling in forward which will allow your wedge to stow, then hit the on/enter to set the speed capture for cruise and add power your headed home, wedge stowed and ballat emptying.

Edited by BlackBluMalibu

Mine does stow automatically. The speed set for the stow is 2 mph for safety reasons so the wedge will not close on someone trying to board while at idle in nuetral. What I do is hit the go home pre-set when idling in forward which will allow your wedge to stow, then hit the on/enter to set the speed capture for cruise and add power your headed home, wedge stowed and ballat emptying.

How new is your boat?

Edited by mvbeggs

I need to check in to this. Earlier in the season mine had to be manually stowed when selecting go home but I had to a few updates this Summer but never thought to check. Test run tonight.

My boat was built in April 2013.

Got this email from my salesman yesterday (Cory at Arrowhead Boat Sales):

"I spoke with Chris Loomis our Malibu Rep and he was going to look into a flash for the Maliview Go Home feature. I will keep you updated."

I will pass along any information I get.

I just had the v17 software update done and my wedge will not automatically come up when we hit go home. I wish it would, that would be a nice feature...

:plus1:

Edited by mvbeggs

Just a note- I went into the "Go Home" preset to find that the wedge position was set to 100%. I edited the Wedge position preset to 200% and saved it. I thought this might take care of the issue of auto stowage of the wedge. Unfortunately, it did not. Even with the wedge position set to 200% in the "Go Home" preset, the wedge still requires manual positioning when the "Go Home" preset is activated.

The wedge will ALWAYS require a driver to manually stow the wedge. It's a safety feature so no one get's pinched. It will auto deploy but has to be manually stowed so that the driver is aware of the surroundings and is making the decision to raise the wedge. It also requires the movement of the boat to activate.

The wedge will ALWAYS require a driver to manually stow the wedge. It's a safety feature so no one get's pinched. It will auto deploy but has to be manually stowed so that the driver is aware of the surroundings and is making the decision to raise the wedge. It also requires the movement of the boat to activate.

It appears that some 13's will automatically stow the wedge in the "Go Home" preset after hitting 2 mph. (this has been verified by my dealer and others here) My dealer is waiting on a reply from Malibu to see if this feature can be enabled by updating the firmware/software on all 13's.

Even after setting the wedge position to 200% in the "Go Home" preset, my '13 VLX will NOT stow the wedge automatically.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE 09-05-2013

My salesman still has not heard anything from Chris Loomis, his Malibu rep, about the auto stowage of the wedge in the "go home" preset. My salesman is going to contact Chris to make sure this issue is still on Chris's radar.