Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

need dimensions on Walter vdrive dipstick, or replacement

Somehow when I was topping off my fluids a couple weeks ago the dipstick on my Walter Vdrive didn't make it back into the hole. It's in some crevice down in my boat somewhere and need to replace it or make one. Bakes has a replacement for $92 but I refuse to pay that much for a piece of metal.

Can someone please measure their dipstick so I can make a replacement with a rubber stopper and a metal rod?

Or would someone happen to have an extra sitting around??

Thanks,

Taylor

2005 Malibu Vdrive

I'm guessing it's in the hull somewhere but it could be anywhere as I refilled the fluids minutes before a houseboat trip and just noticed it was gone the next time I took it out a month later. Poked around for a while and no luck, good idea on the magnet though I'll try that out and hope it's in there.

Thanks for the tips.

If I can't find it I still need to make a temporary one, can somebody please measure their dipstick from bottom of rubber stopper to the end? Also need to know where the markers for the fill line an full line are.

Thanks,

Taylor