Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bunk Carpet

WakingMeHappy

I went to the carpet store that I used when I built my house. Bought a good grade of non-backed outdoor carpet ($67.00 total) and they cut it to length and width for free. I did use a Berber like carpet instead of the fuzzy factory stuff and it seems to be holding up better than the OEM, but that stuff was paper thin so that really isn't a good comparison. I bought the extra wood from Lowe's and used my router to radius the runnung edges and approach ends after angling them on the table saw to remove the sharp edges so I am sure that is helping a bit. Treated or non-treated lumber, big deal its a trailer not the space shuttle! I also glued them down so the carpet wouldn't slide and tear as easily as well. I probably went over board but I had the time and tools mid-winter so no problem. Some guys are through bolting them which I would of done but I don't trailer that far and it would of required me to have the boat off of the trailer for a long time on a good boat day, which you know has been few and far between on weekends this year. Good luck witht the job.

• Like 1