Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

20% Tint...So Nice

dDubya

And here she is, straight from Acme Tops and Tunes in Sacramento...

They did a fantastic job tinting the glass to 20%.

Thank you for taking care of me Ben! I love it!

990143a3f182a4b5b8b3_1.jpg
990143a3f182a4b5b8b3_2.jpg

Love it. Had it on the last two. Looks great. Hope your windshield frame does not crack like mine. I'm curious to see how this gets handled under warranty this off season.

That does look sick! I may have to look into it for the LSV. Whats the ball park price to have a boat windshield tinted? Last time I had some car windows done I think I was surprised at how reasonable it was.

:thumbup: I thought 20% was perfect on my vRide, I'm thinking it will really tie-in well on the 247 when I do it this winter since my colors are not real "loud".

That is going to look great on your boat.

:thumbup: I thought 20% was perfect on my vRide, I'm thinking it will really tie-in well on the 247 when I do it this winter since my colors are not real "loud".

Good luck finding someone to do yours correctly. I have yet to find anyone that can do this windshield. 3 trys so far. $350 quotes and failed jobs.

dDubya boat looks great I have a black boat also it just sets them off. :rockon:

Thinking about doing this, but the wife said NO. Well, she said its not a good idea. It would look sweet with my color combo

Tell her it will cool down the inside of the boat on these hot days and it will. I have kids so my wife was all for it. As the quote goes its better the ask forgiveness than permission. :innocent:

Love it. Had it on the last two. Looks great. Hope your windshield frame does not crack like mine. I'm curious to see how this gets handled under warranty this off season.

Pics? That's a bummer.... never heard of this one before.

Thinking about doing this, but the wife said NO. Well, she said its not a good idea. It would look sweet with my color combo

My wife initially did not want the tint either. Let her know that it would cool the interior and dash down since we have a new baby in the boat with us. Worked out a package deal with a local tinter to have the Yukon XL , Avalanche, and Malibu done. Now she would not have it any other way. Loves the look of the Malibu, says it sets it apart from all the others bu's in our area (there is a VLX a couple slips over that is the same color scheme as our LSV, black and red are switched though). As for the vehicles, I have always hatted the baby sunshades, but she thought it was excessive to tint the vehicles, now she loves the tint when it comes to nursing our daughter in a parking lot.

Good luck finding someone to do yours correctly. I have yet to find anyone that can do this windshield. 3 trys so far. $350 quotes and failed jobs.

Pulled my windshield off and took it to the local tinter, here is MO they were able to do it for $150 and it turned out great. Had another local shop quote me $175 if I pulled it off, $225 if I left it on.

Pics? That's a bummer.... never heard of this one before.

I have seen all 4 of the friends that have this design window frame have the same concern. It cracks abot mid way down the frame at abouty the second port hole down. The black plastic outside the stainless overlay cracks. I will get a pic for ya if I can rememeber. It has been an issue since 09. Alla .....New windshield.

I agree with above take the windshield off and take it to the tint shop. It can be done but windshield will have to come off but only the best can do it the average Joe will never get it right.

I agree with above take the windshield off and take it to the tint shop. It can be done but windshield will have to come off but only the best can do it the average Joe will never get it right.

This is very true. When I went and picked up the glass, they told me that they had to take the frame off the glass to make the tint lay right in the compound angles. I took mine in early in the season and left it with them for a week so that they could get to it when they had some down time and in between jobs.

I think this is one of those things where she wouldn't even notice. Especially if you do it in the off season. No way she'd make that connection from one season to the next.

• Like 3