Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Acme props on older boats

88Skier

I'm interested if anyone has upgraded their OJ Legend on their older ski boat with an Acme CNC prop and if there was a noticable improvement.

I went from an OJ Legend 13 X 14 4 Blade to a OJ XMP 13 X 12 3 Blade. Improved holeshot, better holding power, lost ~ 2 MPH off the top. Wake is just slightly softer, didn't change the size noticably, but did reduce the turbulence. 2000 isn't exactly "older" but.... :)

2000 isn't exactly "older" but.... :)
Sure it is. Tongue.gif
Mad.gif - - - - - > :biteme:

EDIT: Don't you need to go play with your short "rope" or something...

Edited by NorCaliBu
EDIT: Don't you need to go play with your short "rope" or something...

Nope, not just yet. I did, however, lubricate my throttle linkage and pylon just moments ago. . .

I'm interested if anyone has upgraded their OJ Legend on their older ski boat with an Acme CNC prop and if there was a noticable improvement.

I went to an ACME prop. I'm not sure what the prop that came with the boat was, but I know it didn't perform very well.

As stated above, can't say enough about the ACME prop. I gained top end, and pull. The first time being pulled with the new prop, I heard my left lower ribs go "POP". I finished my run, but was sore for two weeks. I couldn't believe the difference in the pull. When you give ACME your specs and type of skiing you do, they will steer you right. Money well spent! :)

It sounds like a worthwhile improvement. IIRC I've got 13x12 3 blade OJ Legend. I'll have to check and call ACME. Thanks for the feedback.