Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking to suggestions on trip destinations

Mino

I am looking for suggestions on destinations for a couple of day to week trip. Would like to take the boat with us and be able to find a course to do some skiing. Have spent time in Cumberland in the past so that is one of our options, but am interested in hearing others.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info. Looked into Wisdom docks, looks like a great place, but they don't allow pets. We will need a spot that will allow 2 small dogs. Seems like Holly Creek may allow dogs.

If you're in MI, I would consider Walloon Lake. IMO, one of the most beautiful places on this planet.

Or you could come to Grand Rapids, drink some good beer, and ski on Murray Lake. Its a GREAT ski lake and has a course. PM me for more info.

Norris Lake in northern TN. We went for the first time last year and loved it so much we got the same lake house again for this year. Unlike Cumberland (and I believe Dale Hollow), you can actually easily rent cabins on the water with boat slips.

The water at Cumberland is nice but I thing the water at Norris is even nicer. Cumberland is also a dry area (at least it was the last time I was there), which sucks when the booze runs out.

I liked Cumberland but it isn't good for my needs (place on land with a boat slip), so I drive further to Norris as a result.

Norris Lake in northern TN. We went for the first time last year and loved it so much we got the same lake house again for this year. Unlike Cumberland (and I believe Dale Hollow), you can actually easily rent cabins on the water with boat slips.

The water at Cumberland is nice but I thing the water at Norris is even nicer. Cumberland is also a dry area (at least it was the last time I was there), which sucks when the booze runs out.

I liked Cumberland but it isn't good for my needs (place on land with a boat slip), so I drive further to Norris as a result.

Very helpful info. Where did you find the place you are renting. We did find a place to rent floating houses, not houseboats. They look pretty interesting.

VBRO.com has a lot of good places. We found our place just doing some more in depthnGoogle searching. Because we are repeat customers thy cut us a deal this year. 3 bed, 2 bath, pet friendly, nice boat slip, Saturday - Saturday on Labor Day week for $800 out the door is very hard to beat.

Course on Dale Hollow is at Fanny Creek, near Wisdom Dock.

Try Eagle Cove (sister marina to Holly Creek) - it is right across the lake from the State Park and the course is close by. Very nice cabins. Only negative is no restaurant, but an easy boat ride to Wisdom and Sulphur Creek - both nice restaurants. .

Sulphur Creek has nice cabins - some are duplex so ask when you reserve if you don't want to share a wall.

Another idea is Mitchell Creek. Further south, closer to the dam. Several cabins and new owners a few years ago who are putting some cash into the place.

You can also check out The Rental Station. They rent private cabins all over the lake.

Edited by Soon2BV