Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Evolution Swim Step Cover = Beautiful!

dDubya

I have one for sale. It has a small hole in it. I think the hole is in a place where you don't see it. Fits 2010 23 LSV teak platform.PM if interested.

Are these covers only for the non wood platforms?

Cory at Evolution can make a cover for just about anything. Just get him a tracing and let him know the thickness of the platform.

I have one for sale. It has a small hole in it. I think the hole is in a place where you don't see it. Fits 2010 23 LSV teak platform.PM if interested.

SkySkier,

Did you buy that Maristar down in Charlotte? Sorry for the topic hijack.......If so, I looked at that boat before I bought my V-Ride.

I've had the Boat cover, Swim Step cover, the Platform cover and the Transom Skirt since '10, Still looking good after life on the lift.

I'll be getting both of those when I order my cover.

For me my swim platform is black, it was oxidized when I bought it. So I wetsanded it, buffed, polished, and waxed it. Got it looking real good for about a month and it's starting to turn back. Hoping the cover will help since it sees 12-14 hours of direct sun a day.

The cover looks very nice, but why do you want/need to cover your swim step???

Over time the sun will take its toll on anything. Its just a little insurance. + its just one more way for me to spend some money on my boat and we all know I love doing that!!

Ok. My last boat had a black swim step, but I never saw any fading. Of course, I keep my boat on a lift under a cover and live in the NW where the sun don't shine so much...

Edited by Cory

Ok. My last boat had a black swim step, but I never saw any fading. Of course, I keep my boat on a lift under a cover and live in the NW where the sun don't shine so much...

When I lived on Sammamish I had a black/white MC Prostar 205. When it was about 6 or 7 yrs old, I stripped all the decals off it & had some pretty extensive fading in the black gelcoat. It took a lot of polishing to get the shadows to blend. And even then it would come back after a few months & require more polishing to get it to blend again. I got the impression that the fading happens even in clouded over skies, just like sunburn happens when it's cloudy.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

One of those came with my G.... I never would have paid for it previously.... but now that I have it I appreciate the utility of it... If you leave you boat outside and it gets direct sun or bird poop back there.... its a no brainer, terrific product.

I believe mine spent 7 years in the Texas sun. I wish I had taken before and after pics of how I brought the pad back to life, pretty proud of that.

Then I suppose this is a strong argument for canopy covers on slips/lifts and storing the boat indoors during the winter (if these options are available to you). The way our cabin is situated on Lake Tapps, the stern of the boat faces northeast when on the lift, so that probably helped also. I didn't notice any fading after 5 years on our '08 Vride. I wax our boat once a year in Spring with Meguire's. Never polished the boat. When I traded that boat in with AWS back in February, it sold in 3 days before they even had a chance to advertise it.