Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Deputies search for missing boater near Bullards Bar

robertstone9

local guy

It is a very sad day at All American Speedway. We lost a great friend and supporter of the track, our #52 Street Stock Driver Matt Camp was lost in a tragic boating accident at only 30 years young. He will be missed very much and our hearts go out to his family, his wife and his very young daughter.

Not only did Matt help promote the track and the Street Stock division he spearheaded the new F4 Division which has flourished this year.

Matt was always willing to help with any task and was always the best smile in the pits. We will miss him dearly.

We will dedicate September 7th's Family Fun Night to Matt Camp.

YUBA COUNTY, Calif. (KCRA) The Yuba County Sheriffs Department is searching for a 30-year-old man who went missing after a boating accident at Bullards Bar Reservoir. Officials said Matthew Camp went missing when the boat capsized after hitting a wake wave at a difficult angle while going 40 mph.

George Szuh, 39, was injured in the accident.

The Placer County Sheriffs Office helicopter was assisting in the search.

http://www.kcra.com/news/officials-search-for-man-after-boat-capsizes-in-bullards-bar-reservoir/-/11797728/21425014/-/14io9ra/-/index.html

We are the only boat on the lake we frequent that surfs. Everytime i meet a boat i turn to see how they handle the wake. Most of the "pro" bass guys have recognized the size of the wake and throttle back one or two have had an oh s---t moment.

How long before they outlaw ballast bags? Hmm

Sounds like a freak accident, but wonder how different the outcome would been if the boat's occupants had been wearing life vests.

Condolences to the gentleman's family and friends.

I've seen the bottom of the bullards' sheriff's hull when he jumps our surf wake going the other way.

Does anyone know where exactly on the lake this happened? With the water down on a busy weekend it's really hard to go fast out there (and I'd call 40 fast). When we were up there at the end of last month, I noticed that in some of the narrower areas past madrone around the corners that multiple wakes and some barely submerged landmasses were causing some really messy wakes, and that was mid-week with more water. I'd expect it's a bit of a zoo on the weekends right now.

Major bummer any way you look at it.

Edited by shawndoggy

I spent the day there yesterday with my buddy and our kids... I called the Marina ahead of time to see if any parts of the lake were closed or if we needed to avoid the lake altogether due to Search & Rescue efforts but they said no. The accident was up the river arm... we went up as far as the second peninsula but didn't push it any further as we didn't want to interfere with anything. Sad story for sure...

On a positive note, Bullards was AMAZING yesterday! Beautiful water, glass all afternoon!

was there all weekend, from friday to sunday afternoon, in a houseboat rt before you head up river, sounds like the driver that flipped it wasnt being very careful, still a sad story.....

NVboarder and his wife were the first people on scene to help the survivor.

We saw the sheriff taking a body bag out of the river on Sat.

NVboarder and his wife were the first people on scene to help the survivor.

We saw the sheriff taking a body bag out of the river on Sat.

Holy smokes. That's terrible. Glad for his family that his body was recovered.