Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat shut down while running and wont even crank over

I was driving along about 30 mph after using the boat for about 2 hours and the engine completely shut down on my 2012 23 lsv. The batteries are charged and now it wont even turn over. Any ideas?

I had a similar problem about 2 years ago. It ended up being pin (#7 I think) in my wiring harness. It had busted loose from the wire, but not come out of the molding. It was letting just enough power through to trigger the gauges, but not enough for the fuel pump to come on or to turn the boat over. They originally thought it was the ECM, but when they replaced that with their test one it had the same behavior. It wasn't until we noticed one pin in the group was just a little longer than the rest that we realized it was loose. Spliced the wire out of the harness and things were running again (only took 2 days to figure that out :( )

Thank you all, I have been told that there was a recall on the re set fuse on the engine. The red 35 amp reset button, I have been told to take it out and replace with a normal fuse. This has solved the problem and the boat now fires. I guess we will see once it is on the water again.