Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exile Audio

huskey87

Elaborate on the sub box, its interesting, but then again, not to familiar with the Axis line. It looks to be similar to the MXZ series possibly from your pic.

I'm slightly partial to white nowadays myself. How did you go about painting them?

Edited by Bobby Bright

A few years ago I would notice a few boats with Exile stuff, Here in the NW and CA, I told a buddy the other day look at how many people are running Exile equipment now, It was like every other boat, Just got back from Shasta and more then a third had Exile speakers in all configurations, This company has grown leaps and bounds and it is limitless, Keep up the great work Brian and Bill, The best is yet to come!! And bring on the competition, it Just means we as consumers benefit greatly with more choices and better quality stuff,

I have exile coax's and really like the sound and look of them, except for the crappy screws they sent with them. The screw heads are turning rust colored, and streaking. Granted we have been caught in more rainstorms this year than normal, but marine speakers should have stainless hardware. I realize its a minor detail, but if your selling a premium product, don't scrimp on the details. I did bring it up with Exile, and they replied I should run to home depot and pick up some stainless screws.

I just installed 6 Exile cabins a couple of weeks ago - really happy with them so far. I talked to Brian on the phone, mentioned the forum, and he gave me a great deal. Awesome guy!

I noticed those screws rusting immediately though as well though. I'm probably going to swap in some stainless replacements but I like how they're a glossy black to match the grills. Any suggestions of a good paint that should hold up to a screwdriver or perhaps where to find some that are already painted/coated black that wont rust?

Any suggestions of a good paint that should hold up to a screwdriver or perhaps where to find some that are already painted/coated black that wont rust?

Car parts stores have those Dupli-color paint pens/brushes for scratch repair. Grab a black one and paint your SS screws once they are in place.

Car parts stores have those Dupli-color paint pens/brushes for scratch repair. Grab a black one and paint your SS screws once they are in place.

Thanks good suggestion! I think I'll give that a try!

A few years ago I would notice a few boats with Exile stuff, Here in the NW and CA, I told a buddy the other day look at how many people are running Exile equipment now, It was like every other boat, Just got back from Shasta and more then a third had Exile speakers in all configurations,

I hate not being the cool kid on the block anymore now that everyone has them. Dam posers!!! ;)

• Like 1

They XM9's came from Exile painted white. It was an upcharge special order. I bought the box from Scream Marine in Dallas. Works Great.D2A7C677-7953-41C6-8CC9-3CC6D44C392A-396

ABBC0596-BBCC-414E-A34C-85E9EAB87174-396

F8524D80-90C7-42BB-8682-7ABA27F05EC0-396

They XM9's came from Exile painted white. It was an upcharge special order. I bought the box from Scream Marine in Dallas. Works Great.D2A7C677-7953-41C6-8CC9-3CC6D44C392A-396

ABBC0596-BBCC-414E-A34C-85E9EAB87174-396

F8524D80-90C7-42BB-8682-7ABA27F05EC0-396

Is Scream Marine an Exile Dealer as well. That Box does look nice as well.

Just out of curiosity, are they using a terminal cup on the box...way back in the Day when Tim worked for Auto Sound they used to just drill and hole and silicone the wire thru the box. But I have a feeling that was the Auto Sound bosses wanting them to save money!

I do recognize that bed liner on it....same place that I get my stuff sprayed!