Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another newbie from So Cal

Zombie

Hi,

Just registered even though I've lurked here for quite some time. I'm primarily based in Temecula (like some others I see) but keep my boat out at my place in Havasu. I've got a 2006 21' VRide that I bought new from Paradise. Nothing overly special, orange and gray theme, Titan III tower, wedge, depth finder on an orange Extreme tandem trailer with the 320 LCR. I bought the boat with the basic stereo and four speakers and finally this year upgraded everything (Alpine deck, two remotes, Focal speakers, Wetsounds tower speakers, 2 Focal 12" subs, JL amps, Perko switch, an extra Stinger battery and a ProMariner charger). I recently shredded my bimini (stupid move by me, don't ask) so I'm waiting for a new one from TowerBiminis. I know it's all BS without pics so I'll snap some once the bimini comes in and I can get it out to Havasu (a couple of weeks probably). Anyways, just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself.

Not far from you, I'm in yorba Linda. Brian and the dudes at paradise are cool. We have a place out in Parker, but use the boat too much here to just let it store out there.

Welcome, we'll help you spend your hard earned money as well!

Nothing wrong with lurking.

You learn about Malibu and gain useful insight about what makes your boat tick and modifications you can do. Confirms your intuition on why you picked Malibu.

Nothing wrong with lurking.

You learn about Malibu and gain useful insight about what makes your boat tick and modifications you can do. Confirms your intuition on why you picked Malibu.

When I bought my Malibu I already had two Honda jet skis and an ETicket twin engine deck boat with twin 525's. The ETicket was fun but you couldn't do much on it other than look cool (subjective) and go fast. The boat was definitely the best riding boat I've ever been on. Being a cat hull it went right across the chop. The insurance on that thing was nightmare to get and it really was just too much boat for me (and the family) to enjoy. I was lucky enough to sell it without too much loss right before the economy tanked. Got it in three mags and it was cool to have at one time but I enjoy (and use much more) the Malibu. I still have the skis for when I have the speed urge but don't ride them too much. And, being a boat owner I treat the skis like a boat and am not one of those clueless idiots with no etiquette you see out there on the weekends.

Zombie

Welcome to the Crew.

I made the same move from a cat to a Malibu.

The E Tickets are amazing and very well built boats. My last boat was a 28 Daytona LP with twin Whippled SBC. 850hp each. The boat looked cool and was very fast but not so fun for the family.

We enjoy our Malibu so much more at this stage of our lives. I get the speed bug every once in a while but you can't get better times with your kids then a wakeboard boat.

Mike