Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Aprox how long to run down batteries?

ffdawg

My amps started cutting out both Saturday and Sunday while out on the logboom at Seafair after only about 4 hours of use. The stereo is run off of two SRM-29 batteries that were fully charged (according to my Prosport 12 onboard charger) each morning. I have an all Exile system with 6 SX65 cabin speakers powered by a Xi800.4 amp, 4 SXT65 tower speakers powered by a Harpoon amp, and a Big-12 sub that's run from an Xi1500.1 amp. Everything is run through the Exile ZLD.

I had it cranked up pretty loud most of the time, but still thought that with two of the SRM-29 batteries that I would have enough reserve to run it for longer than 3-4 hours. At first I was thinking maybe the amps were overheating so I shut my system down for over an hour and they were cool to the touch when I tried to fire it all back up, but it immediately started cutting out again.

Those of you with the same or similar battery setup, how many hours of use can you get?

Usually 5-6 hours that I have tried, but you may have some degraded batteries. Have you checked the water level in them? A lot depends on system tunning also. I have ran the same battery setup as you with a larger system and played for at least 5 hours at full tilt before it started cutting out.

How old are the batteries?

The batteries were new last year and haven't seen a ton of use. I checked the water level and filled some about 3 weeks ago, so they should still be good. I was wondering about the tuning thing also. Know of any reputable websites that offer a decent how-to on tuning in a system?