Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 VTX Spotted on boat trader

newtoBU

AWS nailed it with that color combo IMO, I would have a hard time not copying that exact pattern!

Not sure how I feel about new windshield, from far away it looks clean, but up close its a little blah looking. The old style was maybe a little too much bling and hard to keep clean, but looked good with other chrome accents on the boat.

I wish they could get the glass to wrap all the way around like some of the other manufacturers, that would have truly been an upgrade.

bilge up front now too

Yours may have been different but my bilge is right in the center of the walkway in the access panel. One and only bilge I might add. I took special notice of this recently after all the requests for a midship bilge.

Yours may have been different but my bilge is right in the center of the walkway in the access panel. One and only bilge I might add. I took special notice of this recently after all the requests for a midship bilge.

Strange, my 07,11 and 12 are all in the V-drive compartment.

Here's a side/top view of the Deckadence Mat and bottom view, it's heavy and grips enough that it doesn't need snaps, approx. .5 inch thick. I know someone will ask, so I here goes...I got mine from Deckadence and have run it run it this season to compare to the aqua fusion mat. I really do like it, it can get warm sitting long periods in the sun, like carpet, but cools off really quick, feels great to the feet, and is maintenance free. There's a picture of mine in my boat house photos, but no one has asked about it. Not sure of the option cost, but has to be purchased on a new order or through your dealer.

Top/side view

null_zps68a65d66.jpg

Bottom view

null_zpsf73e0cca.jpg

The "ventilation" holes were mostly decorative. Think of all the boats that don't have "ventilation" in the windshield... pretty sure they work just fine without.

But I tend to agree with you... the change seems pointless. Sometimes companies make design changes just for change sake.

When I close up the window to keep the kids out of the bow, I look forward to the ventilation coming from those holes. I always sit below the window too.

If you take a look at the the Wakesetter logo decal and compare to the 2014 Nautique 210 & 230 they look the same.

Strange, my 07,11 and 12 are all in the V-drive compartment.

Well lucky me I guess. Still drains out the rear right.

Here's a side/top view of the Deckadence Mat and bottom view, it's heavy and grips enough that it doesn't need snaps, approx. .5 inch thick. I know someone will ask, so I here goes...I got mine from Deckadence and have run it run it this season to compare to the aqua fusion mat. I really do like it, it can get warm sitting long periods in the sun, like carpet, but cools off really quick, feels great to the feet, and is maintenance free. There's a picture of mine in my boat house photos, but no one has asked about it. Not sure of the option cost, but has to be purchased on a new order or through your dealer.

Top/side view

null_zps68a65d66.jpg

Bottom view

null_zpsf73e0cca.jpg

You don't run that on top carpet right? That's just these pics? Also is that not a PITA to clean?

Nicky, I just took those pics on the Bed Rug of my truck, so no it does not run on top of the carpet. It does not stain, I've not cleaned this season other than being caught out in a couple of rain storms.

When you look at the 3D Wakesetter logo on my boat their is so much detail to it. I mean tribal insignia, patterns within the letters, font, size, and the 3d overlay. Now that's a logo! This logo looks too small for the boat, the tt is confusing....it sucks. I hate it. I do like the new floor.

Is it just me or does that spotter seat vinyl look like it was installed wrong? It would look better is the gray was on the right side and not the left. That way it would give a finished look on the pass through side of the seat.

the way they have it looks like a sectional couch where the right end of the couch has been taken away.

4429916_20130806123559325_1_LARGE.jpg?w=

I'm pretty obsessive when it comes to fit and finish as well as symmetry. I agree with the comment and think the side panel should be reversed as well, to give it a "book end" effect.

The other thing I notice about the new logo, is that the letters must go on individually and they aren't using a very good straight edge to line them up. Every boat has the letters going up and down across the length of the word. That would drive me nuts.

Spot a 2014 23LSV, and I will be impressed! That may be just as much a unicorn as the $50k Axis!

I will probably see it in this area first, especially around a secret testing lake they use around here.

Edited by Afun

Is that green a metallic extreme green?

Malibu logo near the rear is the same one my 2012 LSV had. Not as pretty as the one on my 2011 VLX, but no biggie.

Hate the new wakseTer logo and window frame. LOVE the vride graphic - it is the better of the two IMO.

The chrome sticky on the surfgate is dumb. it used to blend in with the lines of the boat, now it doesn't. Looks cheap to me.

Don't like the new window frame. We used to tie bumpers off on ours, can't do that now. LOL

Love the logo carpet.

I didn't notice the double TT but now that it has been pointed out it looks odd.

Totally agree. Different does not = better. It is one of those things where someone is trying too hard to be clever and it doesn't work. And it's not just the decal, it's on the detail plates inside. Not into the domed number look Malibu, but if those are actually stainless steel then maybe one of those things that looks better in-person.

Edited by MalibuTime

Malibu logo near the rear is the same one my 2012 LSV had. Not as pretty as the one on my 2011 VLX, but no biggie.

Hate the new wakseTer logo and window frame. LOVE the vride graphic - it is the better of the two IMO.

The chrome sticky on the surfgate is dumb. it used to blend in with the lines of the boat, now it doesn't. Looks cheap to me.

Don't like the new window frame. We used to tie bumpers off on ours, can't do that now. LOL

Love the logo carpet.

It's called monster green. I have it on mine. New for 2013. I agree with everything in your post. I wonder what happened when they came up with these changes. The window and logo thing was to cut costs for sure.

I mean Extreme Green.

Edited by Afun

I like the new Vride graphics. I think they are the best Vride graphics todate. I like the surf gate accents (I just like chrome). I prefer the look and utility of the old windshield with the holes. I also use those holes to tie off fenders. If they gave me a third set of cleats, then I wouldn't care about the windshield holes. The new graphics are a toss up for me. I guess I like my graphics a little more. Mid-ship ballast would be nice.

Love the logo carpet.

bama, I think if you look close you'll see it is not the same malibu...the M is taller....which was the "new" font sizing on the glove box of the 13 vtx which is when it made its appearance.

I like the new Vride graphics. I think they are the best Vride graphics todate. I like the surf gate accents (I just like chrome). I prefer the look and utility of the old windshield with the holes. I also use those holes to tie off fenders. If they gave me a third set of cleats, then I wouldn't care about the windshield holes. The new graphics are a toss up for me. I guess I like my graphics a little more. Mid-ship ballast would be nice.

huh?

The surf gate bling is clearly nothing more than marketing,(IMO) it certainly doesn't add to the overall lines of the boat. It is so wallys will know what those things are sticking off the back of the transom.

Wally #1 looking at 2013 - what those, extra rudders?

Wally #2 looking at 2014 - look at that, Surfgate!