Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 VTX Spotted on boat trader

newtoBU

It's called monster green. I have it on mine. New for 2013. I agree with everything in your post. I wonder what happened when they came up with these changes. The window and logo thing was to cut costs for sure.

It's actually called "Malibu Green Metallic."

I like the new Vride graphics. I think they are the best Vride graphics todate. I like the surf gate accents (I just like chrome). I prefer the look and utility of the old windshield with the holes. I also use those holes to tie off fenders. If they gave me a third set of cleats, then I wouldn't care about the windshield holes. The new graphics are a toss up for me. I guess I like my graphics a little more. Mid-ship ballast would be nice.

I agree on the VRide graphics. However based on all the previous versions of VRide graphics it shouldn't be hard to improve. Thankfully, it is the least impactful part of the boat performance wise so I don't care that much.

I like the new Vride graphics. I think they are the best Vride graphics todate. I like the surf gate accents (I just like chrome). I prefer the look and utility of the old windshield with the holes. I also use those holes to tie off fenders. If they gave me a third set of cleats, then I wouldn't care about the windshield holes. The new graphics are a toss up for me. I guess I like my graphics a little more. Mid-ship ballast would be nice.

I like the look of the new windshield, but after seeing one up close and personal it looks like the plastic would quickly fade in the sun

It's actually called "Malibu Green Metallic."

Extreme Green? Like in my boat. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Extreme green is the non metallic green.

I love my VTX and have the 2013 graphics on the side. The wife hates them along with the tower she says they are too flashy. she would prefer the naked look with just the mailbu near the stern. These appear to be a bit retro and understated. Kind of like that sleeper muscle car that was painted gray primer in high school.

I didn't notice the double TT but now that it has been pointed out it looks odd.

Naked is good sometimes too!

Monster must be the color on my boat.

Nope.

Malibu green metallic is what you have.

Extreme green is the solid.

Monster green comes on energy drinks, not Malibus.

Questions--go to build a boat and hover over the colors. :)

Nope.

Malibu green metallic is what you have.

Extreme green is the solid.

Monster green comes on energy drinks, not Malibus.

Questions--go to build a boat and hover over the colors. :)

Funny, but I have monster green on my boat. New option for 2013.

• Like 1

I thought that the metallic snot color was originally called monster green, then renamed. It was more yellow than what afun posted. Afun boat looks like extreme green with metal flake.

Maybe it is just the lighting.

Edited by bamabonners

Let me try this one more time, then I'm done... There has only been ONE metallic green. It is called "Malibu Green Metallic." When it first appeared on any sort of Malibu publication it was called (wait for it)... that's right... "Malibu Green Metallic." It was never officially called "Monster Green" (although I do agree that would be a cool name).

Now that I think about it... I say screw it! Maybe you guys are onto something. It doesn't really matter what Malibu actually names the colors. We should just call them whatever makes us feel good. In light of this new direction, I've decided to call my boat "Badass Black" with a splash of "Bringing Sexy Back Silver" and a touch of "Rockstar PUNCHED Red." Who's bitchin now!

Don't be messing with my new color scheme, or this shirt is coming off!

Capture_zpsa4312387.jpg

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3

HAHAHAHA^^^^^

I almost posted before to "call it what you want, just keep your shirt on." You guys pay enough for these boats you can name whatever you want IMO.

Now if you'll excuse me I have a date with a girl I met online....she's a french model.

Edited by jk13