Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 VTX Spotted on boat trader

newtoBU

Has anyone figured out what the 5th drain port is on the driver's side? My VTX only has four forward of the driver.

I love my VTX and have the 2013 graphics on the side. The wife hates them along with the tower she says they are too flashy. she would prefer the naked look with just the mailbu near the stern. These appear to be a bit retro and understated. Kind of like that sleeper muscle car that was painted gray primer in high school.

I didn't notice the double TT but now that it has been pointed out it looks odd.

I hope those "MB" swoops are just vinyl graphics. No offense to anyone with an MB but why would you go decades backwards with a scheme like that? Without those that would be a great looking price point boat.

attachicon.gifvride.jpg

This logo looks better than the Wakesetter one.

Another pic of the boat that pkh shared up above. It's a 2014 VLX at Active Water Sports. It's hard to tell from my pic, but notice the wheels have matching green ring inside. It's a pretty sick boat; however, I think the new SG jewelry is lame. My goal with when I picked my colors was to make Surf Gate as invisible as possible. I'm not sure why anybody would want to draw attention to it. IDK... maybe I'm just subconsciously bitter that Malibu won't let me retrofit my 2013 with that SG bling. :rofl:

20130806_172903_zps5c77a7ae.jpg

Edited by IXFE

Is it just me or does that spotter seat vinyl look like it was installed wrong? It would look better is the gray was on the right side and not the left. That way it would give a finished look on the pass through side of the seat.

the way they have it looks like a sectional couch where the right end of the couch has been taken away.

4429916_20130806123559325_1_LARGE.jpg?w=

Edited by newtoBU
  • Like 1

Close up of new windshield:

tcNzaKd.jpg

y7CRGHA.jpg

The new windshield lacks ventilation holes...why? I don't get so e of the changes. A bilge up front makes sense, and different flooring are awesome options.

The new windshield lacks ventilation holes...why? I don't get so e of the changes. A bilge up front makes sense, and different flooring are awesome options.

The "ventilation" holes were mostly decorative. Think of all the boats that don't have "ventilation" in the windshield... pretty sure they work just fine without.

But I tend to agree with you... the change seems pointless. Sometimes companies make design changes just for change sake.