Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MBB2020 VS MBB319

gregtay

Hey guys.. does anyone know all the differences between the JBL MBB319 (what is currently in my boat) and the MBB2020? (and has anyone installed an MBB2020?) The biggest difference I see is that the 2020 has BT audio built in... which i want (I tried some cheap BT dongles and they sucked.) I can pick up a 2020 for check and swap out the 319 but just curious if they are basically the same unit expect for BT. I know all the new boats have the RF system.. but my 2008 has the MBB (which I think works just fine for my needs... w/ 10 speakers + sub and 3 amps I have more than enough sound. thx

Not sure about those models but I have a 2008 with the JBL and I tried to upgrade to the new one since I work for JBL but the remotes are different so I would have to change all of my remotes.

I ended up with a HK BTA10 which is a Bluetooth adapter. It had bad noise so I had to re wire my glove box cig lighter to power off the same paper source as audio system and not have it run thru the dash power. That eliminated the noise and the blue tooth adapter works awesome now.

Mike

• 10 months later...

I have a 2008 vlx and the JBL head unit has quit working. Had two dead batteries and replaced one for a quick run. Realized the stereo wasn't working. Everything else in the boat works fine just nothing at the head unit in the walk thru. No audio at all. Will the MBB2020 be a direct replacement for my bad unit other than my transom control which I know will have to be replaced also. I'm conserned about my buttons on the bottom right of the dash where volume and other audio selections can be controlled.