Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maliview on/off button? link...

bamabonners

I just rewired the stereo power so it can be turned on without the ignition being "on" . No Malivue when chilling, or gauges for that matter. Just tunes. Much simpler than that mod.

Wow those directions are way more specific and detailed then they need to be.

I would do this for sure if someone could tell me what wire needs to be opened with the switch to cut power to screen.

Maybe it was clear and I just don't get it. I can not see the pictures so maybe that's why.

Sounds like a cool mod.

Mike

I would use it to turn off the screen while boating at night. That thing is blinding

You can turn it off at night by using the dim function on you dash lighting. Dim1 dims it, dim2 turns off the maliview.

Just turn the key to the left and you get stereo but no maliview

Unless I'm missing something

I don't know the specifics on years, but on the MUX switches, when you press the dash lights button, they turn on. If you press it again it says dim 1 and everything dims, including the Maliview. Press again, everything dims even more and the Maliview turns off. If you press the button a third time it turns off the dash lights and the Maliview comes back on.

The Maliview drove me crazy at first at night and I didn't know the lights would dim and the Maliview would go off. I discovered it on accident.

I will have to try that. Thanks for the info.

Mine is a odd year because its a 2008 with Maliview so really its a 2009 system.

Thanks again.

Mike

You can turn it off at night by using the dim function on you dash lighting. Dim1 dims it, dim2 turns off the maliview.

Just turn the key to the left and you get stereo but no maliview

Unless I'm missing something

+1

I just wish it would also dim the stereo panel.

Kind of a cool idea to turn off the Maliview while parked and chilling..... This is on Tige, but it is the same system as Malibu (medallion) so it should port over easily.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?20440-Tige-Touch-Screen-On-Off-Button-Install-Phase-1-and-2

This is only a mod to add a power button, like Malibu, so the Tige Touch stays up when you turn off the keyed ignition. This has been a complaint since this introduction of TT and the '14 Tiges are shipping with it. Like Bobby, I've had my boats stereo put on a independent switch and it works great.

My 2010 with keyless ignition has an accessory code that will only power up the stereo so no maliview is on

what's the code? I've heard this before, tried 1111, and it didn't do a thing.