Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

POST YOUR BAREFOOT VIDEOS HERE

JB-FOOT

Barefooting is such a blast; love the freedom.

All you need is a boat, a suit and a handle.

Compilation of clips over the years.

Edited by Doug69
re-insert video clip
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 5:26 PM, Doug69 said:

Barefooting is such a blast; love the freedom.

All you need is a boat, a suit and a handle.

Compilation of clips over the years.

That's some good stuff. Crossing the wake backwards, backwards toe hold. But lose the shoes man! It's barefoot!

I have barefoot videos but they're on VHS. I guess it's been a few years.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks - the shoes are used as a training tool - learning new tricks is easier and the falls are less.

Also - safety is an issue at times. The river I ski in can have very 'nasty' rubbish -  logs, trees, tin, etc.

Hitting a tree log at 40 mph does a bit of damage :)

• 4 weeks later...

Do any of you you guys think about the backwards barefoot steps as related to protecting those vital parts :whistle:

So you are instructed to:  1.  roll over with the rope twisted around the ankle (hmm, how exactly do I breath and how long are you going to leave me in this position.  2.  when the line pulls you, ride on your chest and chin (really, that sounds like a great idea).  3. now spread your legs apart, don't worry that you are going backwards with water rushing at your private parts at speeds from 15 to 35 mph (what!!! :shocked:) 4.  now just stand up!!!

One thing about backwards in my opinion, the relationship with your driver being so important for a good ride.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The secret: Don't think about it:). If barefooters started to think about things ... we would go crazy: 40+ mph, no skies, backwards, ...:Frustrated:

I'm lucky, my wife is an excellent driver and even if she gets it wrong ... she's right and I did something wrong.

8 hours ago, Doug69 said:

The secret: Don't think about it:). If barefooters started to think about things ... we would go crazy: 40+ mph, no skies, backwards, ...:Frustrated:

100% agree!!  That's what held me back from long line a few years ago, and finally one of the ski team members that was teaching me was like "Dude, you gotta just step.  When we hit speed, don't think about the water, the wake we might cross, the little ripple, falling, etc.  You have the skills cuz you've done it short line a million times.  Just step off your skis."  Now there are times when there are whitecaps and he's like "no footing in tonight's practice" and I have to tell him "it's just water and if we can ski a 3 high pyramid we can foot".

• 5 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Doug69 said:

Great run on "lumpy" water. Some of my (soft) crew wouldn't foot on that.

Turn two got a little choppy, but not Figure 8 choppy. :)

Water felt like ice needles on the toes in the rougher corner. Very weird feeling.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Doug69 said:

Great work - especially to brave the cool water

I had to get in early since I don't think I'll be barefooting again till August because of my summer schedule. 

16 minutes ago, roeboat said:

I had to get in early since I don't think I'll be barefooting again till August because of my summer schedule. 

What???? That is a little long to go again. Try to fix that. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...