Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

POST YOUR BAREFOOT VIDEOS HERE

JB-FOOT

take VIDEO

.... We'll if it doesn't warm up and get sunny not much is going to happen. ...Wow....Burrrrrrrr. .... what happened to summer?

Just the same nice to be up here at the lake! Forces me to relax. ..

Edited by Dare2goBare

Had a Great season ender footing set today up at the lake... Sunny. semi glass. ..water

didn't feel to cold. ... What a way to wrap her up. Bud took me out from the dock, down and around into the bay where three boots where bobbing togeather. ..Pass 10' right off one of the fellows bow.... they all cheered.... must say felt great!

Sorry all no video ... would have been neat to capture.

Well, I have just spent the last 6 hours off loading videos from the GoPro's and then uploading them to YouTube...

and the Labor Day weekend and all of it's fantastic water and weather conditions are behind us....And as promised, here are some videos.

Let me start off with some footage all you Sick Sadistic B@$t@rds have been waiting for....A Great Barefoot Fall....Not me, but one of my Buddies in the Crew

More from the last couple of weekends....Mother Nature must have felt sorry for screwing up our water all Spring and most of the Summer, because she has given us GLASS water and almost Debris Free stuff to enjoy....

As Promised, here was Norm and I goofing around on the boom trying to drown each other, I thought I had the contest licked, but in the end, Norm made me "Tap Out" as I just couldnt hold my breath any longer and I let go 1st...DagSnapit...I hate to lose.... :mad:

And some more goofing around while I was footing long line having a nice and peaceful 41mph run, Norm decided he would jump out on the boom and start spraying me 85' back...his 1 foot stand up was like hitting me with a fire hose...Good Times, Good Times!

Edited by JB-FOOT

"THANK YOU" Really had to bite my tongue not to say any more. ... :rockon:

well look who was the 1st Sadistic @#$ To give a shout out!

glad to keep you happy....

Since you forgot your camera last weekend, someone had to keep us in Rare "Dark Side" Form... ;)

• Like 1

Dare2GoBare, sorta like you showing off for the two boats on the water over the weekend, We all can appreciate the need to Raise a foot and wave to the crowd (even if they are in a passing houseboat, hahaha

I held out sooooo long into their wake that the poor Flighty darn near got swamped...and they forgot to stop the GoPro

Edited by JB-FOOT
  • Like 1

well look who was the 1st Sadistic @#$ To give a shout out!

glad to keep you happy....

Since you forgot your camera last weekend, someone had to keep us in Rare "Dark Side" Form... ;)

Once again, thank you so much! Heee hee hee...Hey so what can I say....keep dangling the carrot out to the crew....I bought the boat, the gear...and lease on the lake

Now Crew Let's get a Go Pro.....hummmmm

Dare2GoBare, sorta like you showing off for the two boats on the water over the weekend, We all can appreciate the need to Raise a foot and wave to the crowd (even if they are in a passing houseboat, hahaha

Man if I only could have had that last run on Sunday captured, we still talk about today, totally unexpected, but what a rush. ..

Kind of funny to, turn in the bay around the three boats was to Port. ..yup...put a lot of water into the stern of my baby ...lol....

Okay, so we have all been trying something I saw when I was skiing with my friend in Florida, except none of us have perfected it yet...that is to say that we are trying to finish our runs by letting go of the handle, sitting down, gliding and then trying to stand back up again and ski it out and just sink back into the water...(slowly and controlled)

With out further waiting for a header, he ya go!

Edited by JB-FOOT

enough of me already...here are my other guys from our crew...

My Buddy TJ (he owns the 92 Flighty) getting some rough water skiing in and we slow him down to under 35 and then to 30 just to make him work it out a little harder...

I know you all feel bad for us having to endure such rough water....

Our boy "Paulie" (he owns the 97 Burgundy/Cream Echelon), he likes to go backwards 95% of the time.

And "Clark" as in the Griswalds, his real name is Joe...LOL

Here he is doing 2 backwards runs, with us going slowly back to pick him up in real time as we preserve our Glass (yes I said the "G" word again) calm water...

For any of your novice drivers out there, don't do power turns or even any turn going more than an idle if you want to keep skiing in glass...

And Yes Norm can ski without providing us with falls...he is actually my best student as he just joined our crew 4 years ago and never ever footed before he met me...

And Last one for the night, it was taken a year ago, but I just found it tucked away in my GoPro, thought it was cool because of the Shirt I am wearing.

The T-shirt that says, "Bare Feet Wanted" It is a promotional shirt from Schluter, and is for their Heated Floor Systems for Ceramic Tile. Which is one of the companies that I represent and so I outfitted our entire crew with these T-Shirts. You may be able to score some for yourselves if any of you have connections with your local floor covering distributors that sell Schluter Brand products.

www.Schluter.com

while i was watching the video, I had to keep recounting to get to the 25, as some of those poor guys were being pounded and buried in the spray of the guys in front of them.....hold on and hold your breath..... :frantic::frantic::frantic:

I love it!

while i was watching the video, I had to keep recounting to get to the 25, as some of those poor guys were being pounded and buried in the spray of the guys in front of them.....hold on and hold your breath..... :frantic::frantic::frantic:

I love it!

LOL...I counted 20 at the end....Guess the other five are buried like you said.....

COOL!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This weekends Videos, getting colder here and we are about done. here are two videos of my buddies going backwards.

Paul who has been footing forever showing a close up of his feet, and we think he is going to have to buy a fishing liscense because we think he is going to snag a fish with his toes....LOL

and Mike, AKA Norm, who is just learning to foot backwards this year, his 4th year and today was a breakthrough for him going backwards and finally starting to clean up and stay in control.

Edited by JB-FOOT

What boat speed on those two backwards on the booms? My buddy's comfortable getting up on trainers but we don't seem close yet barefoot. Any tips for the driver appreciated!

What boat speed on those two backwards on the booms? My buddy's comfortable getting up on trainers but we don't seem close yet barefoot. Any tips for the driver appreciated!

Paul, foots at 41 mph backwards both on long line and on short line.he weighs about 220 at about 6'

Mike, AKA Norm, is at 30 mph on the boom and he weighs about 180 give or take and is probably about 5' 11" ish

as for driving tips, probably easier to explain to you via phone than to try and write it down here.

but simply, I like to drive smooth and with a consistently progressive increase in speed up to desired speed.

you can always bring the footer to his feet with a quicker pull, but i find that it doesn't help the footer learn when to get in his or hers different body positions to be able to get up with multiple driving styles on their own merit.

1st clip is of joe who we pull at 35 on his feet backwards

this is a good pull

this 2nd clip is a bad pull, too slow on the start, I tell the driver that he is drowning the footer in an effort to speed him up

Edited by JB-FOOT