Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

POST YOUR BAREFOOT VIDEOS HERE

JB-FOOT

Am I just wishful thinking or does there seem to be more and more interest on this forum to the "DARK SIDE" as I like to call it.....BAREFOOT WATER SKIING.....

So if I am right, and I hope that I am...let's see how many Video's us Fellow Malibu Owners have of us BAREFOOT SKIING....

I will start the thread off with this one showing how comfortable it can be and without any falls (Oh yes we all fall sometimes) but not on this one anyways...

This was taken a couple of weeks ago, we still had some debris in the water from a recent rain storm (that is why I was wearing the Neo Booties and the Neo Hoodie to keep the somewhat muddy rain water river out of my ears....and the sticks out of my feet)

This video is me barefooting at 41mph one of our barefoot crew's 97 Echelon with a 320HP Monsoon....

Let's try and get video's of success and failures and maybe we can use this to help other people get into the sport and help those struggling with learning to foot or learning new tricks or correcting bad habits...

Who Knows, If if gets big enough, maybe we can start a new BAREFOOT section.... (Mod's???)

Hopefully we can make this post even longer than LEVI'S search for his new boat....LOL

Great stuff, Jack.. If I ever find myself in the Burg, I'm looking you up for a pull.

ANY TIME AT ALL!!!

You are always welcome...we LOVE fresh meat! :lol:

• Like 3

Man I would love to get back into footing. Used to do it all the time. Last time was 5 years ago I long-lined behind our vlx. Wish I had a boom for it!

• Like 1

Man I would love to get back into footing. Used to do it all the time. Last time was 5 years ago I long-lined behind our vlx. Wish I had a boom for it!

POST one of your old videos!

Lets see the videos!!!

• Like 2

POST one of your old videos!

Lets see the videos!!!

They are all from when I was a young buck. All on VHS. Man I got to find those old tapes. I don't even have a VHS to play them anymore!

• Like 1

Hey oceanbu!!!! Lol..... I love fresh Meat toooooo, just like JB. :tease1: Won't be around till the beginning of Sept. heading up to the lake in a week. But if it doesn't happen this year anymore we

should try to hook up for some BF'ing early next year! You game...... :rockon:

• Like 1

Dare, that's great! I think that will have to inspire me for this coming season over here. I had a couple of miserable goes on the bar last season stepping one foot off a ski. Was terrified! Turns out we I had the bar set way too low. (Well, the student was also pretty hopeless and 58 is old-ish to be learning...)

I like the look of just climbing off the side of the boat where the bar is very rigid...

I'm under a lot of pressure from my sadistic friends to keep trying the footing. Unfortunately, my RLXI came with the bar and they expect me to use it!

• Like 2

See if this link works. Me using shoe skis 2012. This year I'm doing back one foots with shoes. And last weekend got up 3 times back barefeet. That feels so weird. I didn't know what to do or how to stand once I got up.

Edited by JasonK
  • Like 2

Here's one of last years buckethead race. The camera was higher but a huge wave knocked it down 15 min. into the race. Nobody knew.

Edited by JasonK
  • Like 2

Here's one of last years buckethead race. The camera was higher but a huge wave knocked it down 15 min. into the race. Nobody knew.

Great video and Team work...Love it

Whats up with that double handle harness?

Got details/photos on how that works?

Also, the older guy (like me, LOL) is that a neo headband for water in the ears or cold or both? Where did he get that?

• Like 1

Here is another one to maybe get the NEWBIES to try footing....

This was this young (16 yo) girl's 1st ever attempt at footing....we put her in the SWING method so she had no falls but still got to see what it was like on her feet....

Edited by JB-FOOT
  • Like 1

Hey oceanbu!!!! Lol..... I love fresh Meat toooooo, just like JB. :tease1: Won't be around till the beginning of Sept. heading up to the lake in a week. But if it doesn't happen this year anymore we

should try to hook up for some BF'ing early next year! You game...... :rockon:

That would be fun!

• Like 2

and here is one before I could afford to buy a barefoot short line Rope/Handle....some times you just have to improvise with what you got! :yahoo:

Now that right there is funny.

• Like 1

and here is one before I could afford to buy a barefoot short line Rope/Handle....some times you just have to improvise with what you got! :yahoo:

Now I've seen this before and totally forgot about. This is one I will try with one of my crew up at the lake in a week.

JB this was a good idea of yours to put up this post.

Well done! Yes funny!

:)

• Like 1

Dare, that's great! I think that will have to inspire me for this coming season over here. I had a couple of miserable goes on the bar last season stepping one foot off a ski. Was terrified! Turns out we I had the bar set way too low. (Well, the student was also pretty hopeless and 58 is old-ish to be learning...)

I like the look of just climbing off the side of the boat where the bar is very rigid...

I'm under a lot of pressure from my sadistic friends to keep trying the footing. Unfortunately, my RLXI came with the bar and they expect me to use it!

Hey at 58, your still a youngster as JB and I would still agree!!

:)

• Like 2

The rope is rigged for fast changes. Use 3 steel rings, one for the tower rope, then one on each end of the foot rope. When someone falls, the next footer jumps in with the other handle.

The neo wrap was for his ears. He (Sparky) was a last minute stranger who hitched a ride for the race. I think he had a blown eardrum.

footndale

I love it, reminds me of when my kids where that age and on the boom.

I was smilling ear to ear while I wached the video, I bet your doughter had a smill a mile wide after that run to..

Whay to go DAD!