Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

POST YOUR BAREFOOT VIDEOS HERE

JB-FOOT

I am so jealous. Rarely see water that smooth on our lake anymore. Fishing tournaments, poker runs, PWCs, tubers and surfers keep the lake rocking most daylight hours.:(

Just now, Murphys said:

I am so jealous. Rarely see water that smooth on our lake anymore. Fishing tournaments, poker runs, PWCs, tubers and surfers keep the lake rocking most daylight hours.:(

River was rough today. South wind makes it very rolly. Lake was calmer though. Though 2 footing boats and a few fishermen, made it exciting. :)

On 6/17/2021 at 9:43 AM, TomH said:

@footndale I don't think I've ever seen someone dip a foot in the water to initiate a tumble turn, kind of cool.

While it might seem cool, it doesn't take much to snatch your leg to a place that it doesn't belong.  The healing process for those internal muscles is long and slow.  Ask me how I know....

spacer.png

1 hour ago, footndale said:

Well, if we are comparing. Last run of 2020.

IMG_20200929_102902521.thumb.jpg.63118d094471eec4ed3c5af0857f37a9.jpg

Good job.  The purple shows up so well against your stark white skin....

It is easy to see why that was your last run of the season.

• Haha 1
On 6/19/2021 at 9:15 AM, justgary said:

While it might seem cool, it doesn't take much to snatch your leg to a place that it doesn't belong.  The healing process for those internal muscles is long and slow.  Ask me how I know....

spacer.png

Nice one.  Yea, I'll just stick with taking the handle hip to hip for my tumbles.  I roasted a hammy off the jump many years ago, and have no desire to go through that again.  I think my dumbest/worst footing fall was swinging back up to the boom on the 5-foot when I went out the front.  Missed smacking the boom thankfully, but the handle came up basically through the armpit and glanced off my chin on the way out.  I was bruised from my elbow to my nipple.

Pics from our first show of the season: opening barefoot line and later on barefoot circle.  I'm the guy with the fist pump in the first pic, and also the one that wanted to foot thru the seaweed in the second (my line is tight the other two dropped).  For the barefoot circle it's a bail out from skis to footing and I made it 1.5 times around the jump, I decided to drop in a no-weed zone instead of tumbling thru that mess.

2021 barefoot line Tamarac.jpg

2021 barefoot line Tamarac 2.jpg

2021 barefoot circle Tamarac.jpg

2021 barefoot circle Tamarac 2.jpg

2021 barefoot circle Tamarac 3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, footndale said:

A few waves this morning.

A great tip that @JB-FOOT gave me is to slide one foot ahead of the other when you hit waves.  The idea is that you try to keep your feet out of sync so that you don't have them both going up and down at the same time.  I don't recall falling due to waves since he showed me how to do it.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, justgary said:

A great tip that @JB-FOOT gave me is to slide one foot ahead of the other when you hit waves.  The idea is that you try to keep your feet out of sync so that you don't have them both going up and down at the same time.  I don't recall falling due to waves since he showed me how to do it.

Yeah, that does help. Boat was slowed down to about 30, which I'm not a big fan of.  Really wasn't expecting these so soon when I saw the fishing boat(slow but big wake. :) ).

Not quite the Figure 8 training I wanted at the time. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, footndale said:

Boat was slowed down to about 30, which I'm not a big fan of.

Ugggghhhhhh.  That can't help at all!  I really hate when other boats slow down to "help you out" and end up at maximum wake speed.

• 2 weeks later...