Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

POST YOUR BAREFOOT VIDEOS HERE

JB-FOOT

19 hours ago, Dare2goBare said:

It was cold!  I let go not too far from shore and thought I'd swim in.  Then my legs started cramping up, so I thought I'd wait for the boat.  It died, and took a few seconds to fire back up before they motored over to me.  Then they come to pick me up, and I try to grab the rear grab bar on the transom and my fingers wouldn't work, kinda had to roll my hand up behind it for leverage.  I got a lot of laughs as we approached the dock, I was like "clear a line to that hot tub!" which seemed like a good idea but was instant pins and needles.  Great day!

49189252_2575521949130692_3314309709795688448_n.jpg

16 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

It was cold!  I let go not too far from shore and thought I'd swim in.  Then my legs started cramping up, so I thought I'd wait for the boat.  It died, and took a few seconds to fire back up before they motored over to me.  Then they come to pick me up, and I try to grab the rear grab bar on the transom and my fingers wouldn't work, kinda had to roll my hand up behind it for leverage.  I got a lot of laughs as we approached the dock, I was like "clear a line to that hot tub!" which seemed like a good idea but was instant pins and needles.  Great day!

You definitely have more marbles and or a few more loose screws than the other Michigan crew that went out.  They were bundled up, you just had the shorty on.  Kind of like the fat guy in the stands at a football game in winter with no shirt on.  Definitely a die hard.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hemmy said:

You definitely have more marbles and or a few more loose screws than the other Michigan crew that went out.  They were bundled up, you just had the shorty on.  Kind of like the fat guy in the stands at a football game in winter with no shirt on.  Definitely a die hard.

Ouch.... granted I had a wetsuit and not a shorty, I went first and didn't hop in a hot tub afterwards.... I waited for everyone else to get a wake/surf set.  Don't be talking about my marbles lol

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Michigan boarder said:

Are you guys done for the winter season or will you keep going so long as it isn't iced over?

2 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

Are you guys done for the winter season or will you keep going so long as it isn't iced over?

Nope that's it, done for the season.  We finish in early September actually, then get in the water for removing docks & lifts for 3 more weekends in October as fund raising, then that's it until April 1 except for the annual NYD ski.  Pretty cool though, they were like "We haven't had a barefooter on NYD in like 5 or 6 years, and the last guy that did it put his ski into his face (dropping on white caps)".  I went as well as another newer skiier/footer who is 21, and we were the last two acts for the day.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Barefooter88 said:

Here is another I thought I was going to try to run the course. LOL. Hey I made everyother boat bouy. I think I could make every one if I was trying for that. My main goal was to make the actual bouy. But I found out really quick that wasn't going to happen.https://photos.app.goo.gl/5LxTtFuXThNpXtYc7

Nice! Pretty close on that last one!

On 1/15/2019 at 7:55 PM, Barefooter88 said:

Here is another I thought I was going to try to run the course. LOL. Hey I made everyother boat bouy. I think I could make every one if I was trying for that. My main goal was to make the actual bouy. But I found out really quick that wasn't going to happen.https://photos.app.goo.gl/5LxTtFuXThNpXtYc7

Nice.  I don't want my feet anywhere near course balls at that speed though.  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my 10-year-old at WBC he was so excited the first time he got up he yelled "this is the best day of my life"  The WBC did some amazing things yesterday to get some young kids get into the sport of barefooting. It was unbelievable how well the instruction and how patient they were with the boys. Just a start for these kids they got a long way to go but hopefully, by the end of the year, I'm posting a video of all three of us long rope.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wPguBZLZg7dGV3XiZFRsoK0ltOHsEndT/view?usp=sharing

• Like 3

Looking good for the first time backwards.  It's good your wife got some tips on driving them, as the driver can definitely make or break you on those.  Kids looked like they had a good time.  I had my two boys in the swing last year, hoping they can get some straight boom time this year, and then maybe long line by end of summer.

Was that Ben coaching you guys?  He's pretty damn good - my club brought him up last year for a week of clinics.  

Yeah, It was Ben he was with us for the afternoon set and did an amazing job with myself and boys. And we had Ashleigh for our morning set and she did equally as good. My kids and wife and I loved it. We were going to plan a vacation out west next year but are going to scratch that and go back down there for some more skiing their, instruction and hospitality was awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

Not a video, but I thought you guys would like to see this pic.  This is me going around the ski jump, one of the acts in our show skiing team.  It was my first time doing it,  a pretty tight turn around the jump.  I crossed my wake and ate it on the last roller, hoping to perfect it asap and make 3 times around the jump by the end of the summer.

2019 footing around the jump.jpg

• Like 2
On 6/4/2019 at 7:42 PM, Barefooter88 said:

Here's my 7-year-old at WBC. He has never even skied on two before and looked like he's been doing it for years. He would barely get on the tube last year. There's going to be more to come with this little guy.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rYIrCi-Mq8RSFfsLC38aZiyXBHhOi_ua/view?usp=sharing

Impressive.  I'm excited for him (and you)!

21 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

Not a video, but I thought you guys would like to see this pic.  This is me going around the ski jump, one of the acts in our show skiing team.  It was my first time doing it,  a pretty tight turn around the jump.  I crossed my wake and ate it on the last roller, hoping to perfect it asap and make 3 times around the jump by the end of the summer.

Bend those elbows going over the rollers. Let that be your shock absorbers.

Fun act though.

Edited by footndale
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

Hey Michigan, 

Cool Pic !  :rockon: and yes I'm still alive,  just got setup at the lake for the summer. Got in a few bar runs yesterday.. Chopy chopy it was. But just the same we got at it. Lol...lol...

7 minutes ago, footndale said:

It's been a slow season with high water. A few videos of a friend.

Nice,

Waiting to get some water like that to, now that we're up at the lake for the summer! Very slow start, this year to, to many car shows already. Lol.

Edited by Dare2goBare
23 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

That looks fun!

One tip that @JB-FOOT gave me for crossing a boat wake is to move one foot out ahead of the other so they don't both hit the waves at the same time.  It really works well.  Good luck! 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...